S M Models

Hi, can somebody help me?  What has happened to the O gauge kits that SM models used to produce?  Also they had a useful range of buffers and castings has somebody taken these over?  They used to make a kit for GNSR 4-4-0 and I would like to find one.  Regards.

Hi, can somebody help me?  What has happened to the O gauge kits that SM models used to produce?  Also they had a useful range of buffers and castings has somebody taken these over?  They used to make a kit for GNSR 4-4-0 and I would like to find one.  Regards.

Hi,

I believe that the loco kits went to Ace Products - http://www.a4ace.supanet.com/contact.html not sure about the wagons and coaches though.

Hi, thank you both for the information.  It is very helpful, I hope someone can turn up what happened to the GNSR loco and the CR class 55.  There are so few models of and kits for the Scottish pre-grouping locos.  All the best and thanks again.

Hi, thank you both for the information.  It is very helpful, I hope someone can turn up what happened to the GNSR loco and the CR class 55.  There are so few models of and kits for the Scottish pre-grouping locos.  All the best and thanks again.

It is possible they went to ALBA models in Scotland. They previously acquired the Caley locos from Meteor.

Sandy

PS Just checked with the Guild trade directory and can confirm that the Class 55 went to Ace, and Meteor have the D40.

Archived