What Alco do you have?

JAMO

Easily Made Disinteresting?

I thought it was "Every Model Different"   :onthequiet: :D

You've got no soul man .....  The next thing you'll be modelling one of those brightly coloured railroads west of the Appalachian's !! :nono:

YOO Betcha..!! :haha:

Were there any worth knowing about?

:scratchhead:

All of 'em, up to about SD60....  :sarcastic:

Back to Alco's - just finishing this one off. Picked up a Bachmann Sound Value S4 at Armitage freemo, kept the (SP tiger) striping, removed the footboards, replaced the speaker with a pair of cut down iphone ones, altered the headlights to sealed beam style, added a crew, and gave it a blue dip - it'll be a second switcher for Nucor as an alternate to the existing MP15 (in the background)

After numbering it #13 I wondered if crews would get superstitious, then decided the crews had unofficially named it 'lucky'. ;)

The only thing is the pale blue and stripes end up looking a bit closer to British Steel's ones than i'd have preferred! 

post-6762-0-60144900-1476570410_thumb.jpg

I haven't got loads of Alco's, but I do also have an Indiana Hirail RSD15 (BLI), BN and N&W C425s (elderly Atlas/Kato models) and a pair of IC C636s. :)

Edited by Glorious NSE
  • Like 10

Back to Alco's - just finishing this one off. Picked up a Bachmann Sound Value S4 at Armitage freemo, kept the (SP tiger) striping, removed the footboards, replaced the speaker with a pair of cut down iphone ones, altered the headlights to sealed beam style, added a crew, and gave it a blue dip - it'll be a second switcher for Nucor as an alternate to the existing MP15 (in the background)

After numbering it #13 I wondered if crews would get superstitious, then decided the crews had unofficially named it 'lucky'. ;)

The only thing is the pale blue and stripes end up looking a bit closer to British Steel's ones than i'd have preferred! 

attachicon.gif14650671_10157727926940294_97076669872666290_n.jpg

I haven't got loads of Alco's, but I do also have an Indiana Hirail RSD15 (BLI), BN and N&W C425s (elderly Atlas/Kato models) and a pair of IC C636s. :)

Your #13 is nice!

I have several old Atlas/Kato drive models. Their running is fantastic  :heart_mini:

They are from the 80's but they still run perfectly.

Your #13 is nice!

I have several old Atlas/Kato drive models. Their running is fantastic  :heart_mini:

They are from the 80's but they still run perfectly.

Thanks

Yep that's the main reason they are still on the roster and warranted the effort of DCC hardwiring etc, when other, sometimes younger loco's I had have been either dummied, broken up for parts or sold off - they are better runners than many later models due to that lovely Kato drivetrain. :)

Here's the latest to leave the workshop, former CV RS-11 3612 lettered for the Lamoille Valley.  A couple more weathering touches needed after looking at the photos.  I've used an RS-3 fuel tank which is closer to the prototype than the RS-11 one and I've modified the trucks to look like the lightweight DoFaSCo version.  These are unique RS-11's in that they had the dynamic brakes in the short hood.

P1010324_zpszxub6ksp.jpg

Cheers

Steve

NZ

• Like 11

Were there any worth knowing about?

:scratchhead:

The Southern Pacific - California's own road: directions all relative to San Francisco, MP 0.0 at the end of the platforms in San Fran; lighting packages to make a rally driver jealous; Cab-Forwards; Tunnel Motors; SD45s; Kodachrome colour scheme. and "The United States is bounded on the east, west and south by the S.P. and on the north by Canada."

Need I add anything else?

Do ALCo brass models count? I've got a few - an NW SD40, EsPee SD45T-2, and a couple of Geeps.

Yes of course brass models are welcome too but only Alcos here please.

SD40 and SD45T-2 are from EMD.

;)

Here's the latest to leave the workshop, former CV RS-11 3612 lettered for the Lamoille Valley.  A couple more weathering touches needed after looking at the photos.  I've used an RS-3 fuel tank which is closer to the prototype than the RS-11 one and I've modified the trucks to look like the lightweight DoFaSCo version.  These are unique RS-11's in that they had the dynamic brakes in the short hood.

P1010324_zpszxub6ksp.jpg

Cheers

Steve

NZ

3612 Now runs on the York Durham RR two  more ex CV RS11 still exist, 3600/04 are with the GVT as 1800 and 1804 lettered for one of GVT's other roads. 3605 went to the Winchester and Western but as to it's current status? 3608 had a low nose, finally 3609 was written off and then the number used again for an ex NW RS11. 3614 was issued to a GP18 and then an RS11. So for such a small class of MLW built RS11's they've carried several interesting liveries under the CN/CV/DWP flag and covered alot of the midwest and 3 are still running at 60 years old! 

Edited by w124bob

The Southern Pacific - California's own road: directions all relative to San Francisco, MP 0.0 at the end of the platforms in San Fran; lighting packages to make a rally driver jealous; Cab-Forwards; Tunnel Motors; SD45s; Kodachrome colour scheme. and "The United States is bounded on the east, west and south by the S.P. and on the north by Canada."

Need I add anything else?

That they did have some Alco's?  ;)

This is MNNR 318, as F-UnitMad said, the last 2 RS-27's are on the MNNR, both are former GB&W and prior to that were on the C&NW.  I built this for one of my sons.  Much rather work on N-scale models.

MNNR%20318%20Jul-16%20a_zps8jkigbop.jpg

Cheers

Steve

NZ

Edited by mandealco
  • Like 5

Yes of course brass models are welcome too but only Alcos here please.

SD40 and SD45T-2 are from EMD.

;)

ALCo is the importer for these models; I'm well aware that 12"2-to-the-foot SDs are EMD units.

Well, you might explain why, if they were so good, they had to be bailed out by someone else... ;)

Put simply, the ICC and the ATSF (yeugh, must wash my hands) all but bankrputed the EsPee in the 1980s and the Yellow Peril picked over the bones a decade later; though technically the Peril was merged INTO the EsPee, thereby becoming the Fallen Flag.

Oh and TOPS came from San Francisco.

This is MNNR 318, as F-UnitMad said, the last 2 RS-27's are on the MNNR, both are former GB&W and prior to that were on the C&NW.  I built this for one of my sons.  Much rather work on N-scale models.

Cheers

Steve

NZ

A few years ago I did a model of the MNNR's EMD CF7 that it used to own; Athearn model in HO but won't post piccys of it on this Thread. ;)

Cheers

Steve

NZ

Waow! Very nice and fine model! Well done! 

I remembered a couple of shots on my phone of MLW power on our club layout "Springfield" the C424 is mine and has featured here before, the C630Ms belong to our former exhibition manager, Ian and are by Bowser.

post-7218-0-65761800-1477510310_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-32935700-1477510331_thumb.jpg

Nick

• Like 7

I remembered a couple of shots on my phone of MLW power on our club layout "Springfield" the C424 is mine and has featured here before, the C630Ms belong to our former exhibition manager, Ian and are by Bowser.

attachicon.gifAlcos on Springfield I (web).JPG

attachicon.gifAlcos on Springfield II (web).JPG

Nick

Nice to see the C424 with the air filter mods.