What Alco do you have?

JAMO

Virtual trains counts!

I like to use Trainz and to build/modify routes and operate shortlines with Alcos.

I would have had a picture of a PA/PB set, but ran into money difficulties before I managed to buy one lol. This is on Transport Fever, I may have to fire up Train Simulator though and see what I have on there. I am gutted that I can't get the SW1500 on TS, (I know, not Alco,) but due to licencing laws surrounding the copyright of one particular railroad, that content is unavailable outside of the US. That goes a long way to explain why Train Sim World concentrates on CSX operations. If anyone hasn't heard of TSW yet, have a look on youtube, it's going to blow the likes of Trainz and Train Simulator clean out of the market.

My latest Alco.

Looking shiny and new next to a decidedly tired freight car. Shame GN had ditched all their RS3s long before they invented the big sky blue colour scheme... Still, if you don't tell anyone, I won't either.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161106_111155S.jpg

The picture's not great, but I have loads of excuses for that...

Silly boy - you're obviously running a re-painted "Heritage" Alco, rather more recently than you'd imagined. ;) :jester:

I thought you may say that, I could always invent my own shortline though I guess and swap it out occasionally for my Junebug locos

That's the way to go. It's the Short Line that needs the RS3, not NS. ;)

For more temptation search for "Battenkill Railroad" on You Tube. Resistance is Futile!! (guess how I know :blush: )

• Like 1

I would have had a picture of a PA/PB set, but ran into money difficulties before I managed to buy one lol. This is on Transport Fever, I may have to fire up Train Simulator though and see what I have on there. I am gutted that I can't get the SW1500 on TS, (I know, not Alco,) but due to licencing laws surrounding the copyright of one particular railroad, that content is unavailable outside of the US. That goes a long way to explain why Train Sim World concentrates on CSX operations. If anyone hasn't heard of TSW yet, have a look on youtube, it's going to blow the likes of Trainz and Train Simulator clean out of the market.

As mentioned earlier, 

alco%20PA-PB_zpsstjfzvsu.jpg

• Like 1

If you want to see RS-3s interchanging with Norfolk Southern, take a look at the Delaware Lackawanna, they have 5 active RS-3s.  They also have numerous other Alco/MLWs in better than new condition, even 3 "Bigs".  They are mostly dressed in a paint scheme derived from the Alco demonstration colours of the C-415/430/636.  Well worth checking out.

Cheers

Steve

NZ

Edited by mandealco
  • Like 1

I'm surprised about the SW1500. It's available from the Steam station to download for TS2017. It's maybe a fresh news...

Yes, TSW uses always CSX locomotives. I don't know why. CSX is maybe the sponsor??? That's strange.

TSW looks very nice with a lot of details.

Why couldn't 2403 at the start have been one of the RS3s? That paint scheme is so close to the Alexander Railroad that it isn't even funny.

JAMO, does it give you the option to purchase the SW1500, as all I get is this,

sw1500_steam_zpseislqbmj.jpg

(This should probably be discussed over in the EMD thread, but what the hey :)

Yes, on the French version, it's possible to download it (they say) if you buy TS2017.

Soon, I'll try TS 2017 and maybe the SW 1500..... and Alcos  :)  :music: I'll tell you.

I completely agree, my little HH660 is a joy to run too.

As is this beast!

22805015058_c250ff464e_c.jpg

This is a P2K model of an RS-27, Alco's plucky little 2400Hp brute in a very compact chassis. The North Western had four but didn't keep them for long, one of the ex CNW ones eventually made it's way on the Minnesota Commercial but I think it has gone from there now?

This is one of my loudest locos so I had to turn the sound way down, it was piercing. QSI sound but they did a good job with this, still prefer Loksound though.

Cheers,

John.

• Like 2

22805015058_c250ff464e_c.jpg

This is a P2K model of an RS-27, Alco's plucky little 2400Hp brute in a very compact chassis. The North Western had four but didn't keep them for long, one of the ex CNW ones eventually made it's way on the Minnesota Commercial but I think it has gone from there now?

AFAIK the MNNR has the last two RS27s in existence; it depends which ones they are & what their lineage is.

AFAIK the MNNR has the last two RS27s in existence; it depends which ones they are & what their lineage is.

CNW traded its 4 RS-27s to Alco for 4 C-425s. Green Bay & Western acquired 903 from Alco in 1968, becoming GBW 316 and 902 in 1969, becoming 317. 901 went to the Precision National lease fleet and was acquired by GBW as 318 in 1976.

Apparently 317 rode badly and was unreliable. It was scrapped in 1984. 316 and 318 were traded to the Minnesota Commercial after Wisconsin Central bought GBW in 1993 and are still in service today. As Jordan says, the last two RS-27s in existence.