Wiring N Gauge Electrofrog Points

IanWV

On 09/06/2017 at 11:15, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

I've never modified any of my sixty Peco N gauge points and also use frog polarity switching without issue on a layout that is now twelve years old. Points are controlled by Peco PL10 point motors with PL15 microswitches for the frog switching.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Forgive me for being a bit daft here. Can you explain why you need frog polarity switching if you didn’t modify the point?

2 hours ago, Haymarket47 said:

Hi

Forgive me for being a bit daft here. Can you explain why you need frog polarity switching if you didn’t modify the point?

It has the advantage that the frog is positively fed with track voltage which also means that the blade is fed from both ends, the frog and the stock rail thus reducing the possibility (probability?) of the blade becoming the failure point when traversing the turnout.

Thanks John P and Iain. That makes sense re the blades. So if I have a digikeijs 4024 servo decoder and the accompanying relay unit dr4102 does that mean I simply connect a wire from the latter to the preinstalled wire at the frog end of the n gauge peco turnout?