Jump to content

Lineas Cubanas

'LINEAS CUBANAS' - Cuban Lines

Recommended Posts

Find a reason for a colourful party banner or telegraph wires across the road that could hide it?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

What about painting in a drifting smoke cloud? Are you modelling the right time of year for burning at the end of the Zafra...?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the words of Bruce been "working on the highway sorry ......railroad" 

 

Mainly on buildings, things are a long way from finished but getting there. One thing I have realised from these photos is that I need more light on the layout.....not 100% sure how I am going to do that.....

 

IMG_0117.jpg

 

IMG_0118.jpg

 

IMG_0119.jpg

 

IMG_0116.jpg

 

Edited by Lineas Cubanas
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic. Not quite the same architecturally, but the houses remind me of the dilapidated places you'd find in NW Portugal where I lived for a while. Second photo made me shiver!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Further to my lighting dilemma A, B or C ?

 

A - Combination of Cool Light LEDs with Warm Light Bulbs

 

IMG_0121.jpg.54b3598b8bb11a112a9f41376b5cdb24.jpg

 

B - Combination of Cool Light LEDs with Cool Light Bulbs

 

IMG_0122.jpg.201730ae5b88e7c0b8a86f0a1701f48e.jpg

 

C - There's no real difference here, Matt and you are overthinking it. Just get on with finishing the layout

 

Edited by Lineas Cubanas
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A looks more like sunset with a hint of warmer colour, especially on the ground, while B more like daytime. It’s very close though as you say!

The grey building in the middle has a lot of shadow compared to the others nearer the front though. Can you get more into that with either another LED strip above it or use foil to bounce more light down the front?

  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or D- no reason why you can't have both...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The grey building in the middle has a lot of shadow compared to the others nearer the front though. Can you get more into that with either another LED strip above it or use foil to bounce more light down the front?

 

Hey Paul

 

Thanks for this. I hadn't really noticed the shadow on the grey building and was trying to distribute the light evenly across the layout but it looks like I should position the bulbs more strategically for the buildings on the left of the layout.

 

The right side of the layout is more open and countryside so don't seem to have any shadow problems there at the moment.

 

Thanks again for the feedback

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The buildings are fantastic but it’s easy to see what you’re looking for so easy to miss until later ;) 

Keep Up the good work as it’s all looking great :) 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The buildings are fantastic but it’s easy to see what you’re looking for so easy to miss until later https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_wink3.gif 

Keep Up the good work as it’s all looking great :) 

 

Thanks Paul.  I appreciate the encouragement

 

Hoping to get the first third of the layout, everything from the left upto the grey building (station) finished by the end of the year. And then the second third (Station and Yard Area) by March and the final third (River, Countryside  and Apartment Blocks) done by June.

 

Hopefully in time for Larkrail if indeed it goes ahead

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah I hope it does as I thought it might have been the end of Larkrail. One of my favourite shows :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes find that my eyes and camera (usually on a smartphone) often don't agree, and what I saw as green roof on a blue diesel under orange lighting actually looked better one photographed. So the side of the building might not have been in as much of a shadow as it appears on the screen. Unfortunately now it's been pointed out I can't not see it....

 

What date is the Larkrail show in 2020? I'll have to put it on the calendar - it's straight down the A46 for me...

Edited by 298
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 298 said:

What date is the Larkrail show in 2020? I'll have to put it on the calendar - it's straight down the A46 for me...

 

Not sure if its even going ahead but I think its usually June/July

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Ah I hope it does as I thought it might have been the end of Larkrail. One of my favourite shows :) 

 

22 hours ago, 298 said:

What date is the Larkrail show in 2020? I'll have to put it on the calendar - it's straight down the A46 for me...

 

I take it you will both be available to sort my lack of operators problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lineas Cubanas said:

 

 

I take it you will both be available to sort my lack of operators problem?

 

It would be an honour (subject to invariably being able to get time off work, etc...).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lineas Cubanas said:

 

 

I take it you will both be available to sort my lack of operators problem?

If work allows me to get there it would be a delight to ‘have to see it’ up close. ;)

I’d still pay at the door to support it too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for dropping into Lineas's terrific thread, but I have happy news.

 

Larkrail is indeed "back" next year, the new date is:

 

Saturday July 11th 2020 New Oriel Hall, Larkhall, Bath.

 

I am now organising it together with my good friend Jerry Clifford and we intend that it will once again be an annual fixture on the exhibition circuit. 

 

Proceeds again going to charity, two this time, "my" charity is Julian House here in Bath, Jerry will be picking another one to be the other "beneficiary".

 

Main objective is to have fun and celebrate creativity, friendship and the World's greatest hobby!

 

Full details to be announced but Lineas Cubanas is defo headlining the show if still willing and able.

 

Hasta pronto!

 

Simon (and Jerry)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Apologies for dropping into Lineas's terrific thread, but I have happy news.

 

Larkrail is indeed "back" next year, the new date is:

 

Saturday July 11th 2020 New Oriel Hall, Larkhall, Bath.

 

I am now organising it together with my good friend Jerry Clifford and we intend that it will once again be an annual fixture on the exhibition circuit. 

 

Proceeds again going to charity, two this time, "my" charity is Julian House here in Bath, Jerry will be picking another one to be the other "beneficiary".

 

Main objective is to have fun and celebrate creativity, friendship and the World's greatest hobby!

 

Full details to be announced but Lineas Cubanas is defo headlining the show if still willing and able.

 

Hasta pronto!

 

Simon (and Jerry)

 

Splendid. Larkrail is indeed returning in 2020 under the guidance of Simon and myself - it turns out there are men of sufficient faith in Bath  - what could possibly go wrong!

 

Rumours of a full Cuban band playing on the steps of the New Oriel Hall are unfounded (unless someone knows of a Cuban band that will play for cake) but there will be lots of wonderful things  to see, people to meet and all manner of jolly japes.

Serious planning starts over a glass or three of vino this Sunday evening at a secret location in Somerset.

 

Buena Vista

 

Jerry 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.