• RMweb Gold

Save the tubs that Twiglets etc come in over Christmas. Perfect size for the fuel tanks. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1467.jpg

That's great sorry for the delay I've only just seen this post :(

Not much been done regarding KX over the last couple of weeks as I'm planning a test layout to practice everything 7mm before I tackle this ;)

Cheers

Opposite the milk dock (platform 17) is the Culross Building. It is prominent at one end of the yard. This link takes you to a PDF with scale drawings and photos. You will have to accept the conditions of use:

http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archiveDS/archiveDownload?t=arch-1124-1/dissemination/pdf/preconst1-70607_1.pdf

If the link doesn't work for you, Google 'Culross Building, Cheney Street'.

That's great thanks Trevor :D

Cheers

• Like 1

Although not a lover of Deltics, I'm looking forward to seeing some Track go down Paul.

That was a great tip about the Twiglets package, we don't eat Twiglets, but I've just had a look at the Bisto Gravy Granules tube, another useful bit of kit.

• RMweb Gold

Although not a lover of Deltics, I'm looking forward to seeing some Track go down Paul.

That was a great tip about the Twiglets package, we don't eat Twiglets, but I've just had a look at the Bisto Gravy Granules tube, another useful bit of kit.

Thanks Andy definitely a great tip :D

I'm in two minds whether to just crack on with KX or the other stabling point I've got in mind first to practice 7mm skills :O

Decisions decisions!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy definitely a great tip :D

I'm in two minds whether to just crack on with KX or the other stabling point I've got in mind first to practice 7mm skills :O

Decisions decisions!

There are other ways to make a compact layout than a stabling point.

You can model one end of a station (with either a road overbridge or overall roof allowing the "station" to double up as a fiddleyard) or a parcels depot can be very compact but justify large locos such as your 40 as well as the 08s for shunting.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There are other ways to make a compact layout than a stabling point.

You can model one end of a station (with either a road overbridge or overall roof allowing the "station" to double up as a fiddleyard) or a parcels depot can be very compact but justify large locos such as your 40 as well as the 08s for shunting.

Thanks Joseoh, I've thought about stuff like that but my problem is I get carried away and next thing I know I'm planning the south end of Crewe station, I have no modelling willpower :(

If I had the space and pennies I would of loved to if carried on my ELJ layout in 7mm as I knew exactly what I was doing there and how many bricks to do it in but I'd need a barn :(

I'm happy with a depot/stabling point though as it's always something I've wanted to do :)

Cheers

• Like 2

Decisions decisions!

Why not do part of KX as a practice and build it on a 'jigsaw' piece of baseboard top that you can integrate into the final version later. You can always then replace just that section if you find that it doesn't live up to your expectations borne out of experience from building the rest.

• RMweb Gold

Why not do part of KX as a practice and build it on a 'jigsaw' piece of baseboard top that you can integrate into the final version later. You can always then replace just that section if you find that it doesn't live up to your expectations borne out of experience from building the rest.

It'll be built jigsaw like regardless for space reasons Andy, maybe I'm finding it hard not building something Liverpool related :( it's like staring at two cakes or pint of bitter an a pint of larger but there's only room for one :(

Cheers

• Like 1

It'll be built jigsaw like regardless for space reasons Andy, maybe I'm finding it hard not building something Liverpool related :( it's like staring at two cakes or pint of bitter an a pint of larger but there's only room for one :(

Cheers

No problem for me, I wouldn't touch 'larger' :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Think London King's Cross is just going to have to become that little known Liverpool King's Square station that took diverted traffic from Lime Street during electrification :) problem solved!

Hehe!

Rich

• Like 1

I agree. See the link. Something ticking over down there would be great. It would make a good enclosed diorama with the tunnel running off to minimal fiddle storage.  

aac

Here's the link into all the Liverpool Central pictures:

aac
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Think London King's Cross is just going to have to become that little known Liverpool King's Square station that took diverted traffic from Lime Street during electrification :) problem solved!

Hehe!

Rich

I've actually thought of just picking up KX loco and relocating it in Merseyside, well it's got tunnels like we have up here :D not sure how well it would go down though? And the fuelling point could be one of those open ones we have up north because we're all dead hard an work with our tops off even in winter! ;)

Definitely food for thought.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

What's wrong with the old Liverpool Central?

Best

Simon

Thsnks Simon when I first decided on a stabling point I did a lot of research into all possibilities and Central was one of them, using old maps to see if I could fit a stabling point in somehow, even Lime Street to, as it used to have an old turntable where the power box is now but as you know space is a bit tight down there.

There's some great photos of central on the net though once you start looking into it.

Thanks again

• RMweb Gold

I agree. See the link. Something ticking over down there would be great. It would make a good enclosed diorama with the tunnel running off to minimal fiddle storage.  

www.disused-stations.org.uk/l/liverpool_central_hl/index43.shtml

aac

Thanks mate it's a great station that I'm surprised hasn't been modelled and it has quite a bit of operational potential.

https://flic.kr/p/pFitdK

Scouser999 lent me a great book the other year with full track plan various stock movements throughout the day, well worth a read.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

No layout plans at all over last couple of weeks but doesn't mean I haven't been busy, some of you might of seen these so apologies but the blue 08 is more or less finished and I've just started on the green one.

C3A75905-E3E6-4882-83E5-D9F2B476731E_zps

A8ED2921-81B3-40C5-80C4-A3EE6B0E15C4_zps

4EBE4224-5312-4DCB-98D0-672E903B38AB_zps

EBB734E6-E108-4E2E-9950-AB2441B3705C_zps

2D150184-6225-48FA-93D6-38DAD6284BAA_zps

E9416D2B-6870-433B-817E-785494B44C1B_zps

Cheers

• Like 8

I don't, but I do know that there's a piece on it in the Templot forum. Also talks about using software to "flatten" perspective images to get a true view. Not sure of the link, I'll have a look and post it if I can find it.

Best

Simon