Scalefour North 2017

Flymo748

Might be Voldemort''s new line of steel paneled rolling stock...

What? He's doing steel paneled stock as well? :chok_mini:

I photographed his new wooden carriage and loco ready for it's unveiling at Platform 9¾, Saturday gone but he kept the steel paneled stock well secret. Maybe its selling point will be invisibility?

Looking at some of the detailing, I think his next piece of stock may well be a sleeping coach.

post-508-0-71411700-1488284103.jpg

P

What? He's doing steel paneled stock as well? :chok_mini:

I photographed his new wooden carriage and loco ready for it's unveiling at Platform 9¾, Saturday gone but he kept the steel paneled stock well secret. Maybe its selling point will be invisibility?

Looking at some of the detailing, I think his next piece of stock may well be a sleeping coach.

attachicon.gifKings_XLocoPropSm.jpg

P

...is this part of the set from the theatrical production of "The Railway Children"??

...is this part of the set from the theatrical production of "The Railway Children"??

Correct. No sign of Voldemort. I fear we may be drifting way off topic although with you doing a demo all weekend I suspect you may have your magic wand with you.

http://www.deboer.com/uk-en/cases/showcase/the-railway-children

https://www.timeout.com/london/theatre/the-railway-children

P

Morning all,

And for your reading pleasure, the full online version of the Scalefour North Guide is available to download for free at https://www.scalefour.org/downloads/2017/scalefournorthguide2017.pdf

I hope it tempts you to join us at Wakefield at the start of April.

Cheers

Paul Willis

Scalefour Society Marketing Manager

• 3 weeks later...

A quick bump to remind you all that S4N is now less than 2 weeks away. A show not to be missed - if only for the range of traders who will be there.

And the demonstrators.

And the layouts.

And me of course.................. :drag: :jester:

...or the P4 boys with EM wheels (thems is very hard to spot...whilst they don't keep a low profile they don't go off the rails either...so no one notices them).

...anyone seen my tin hat?

How could you?

It would appear all to easily.

Sackcloth and ashes, humble pie, falling on my sword etc. etc. etc.

I'd better go in disguise.............................

It'll be a good time to get rid of those round pound coins too...

And the plastic £5.00 notes.

I'm really looking forward to it this year again.  Probably spend much more time talking than viewing and buying - but that's what's so nice about the S4UM's and Expo's etc.

And even the 0 Gauge ones!

Less than a week to go...now is the time to crack open the piggy bank and cash in the bag of pennies stashed under the bed...

I can't get my pennies out from under the bed! The tin I had the dosh stashed in was put there as a temporary replacement for a damage bed leg after a partial collapse.

I must have put on weight as the tin is now distorted and bent beyond all recognition to the point I cant get the lid off. Woe is me. Let's hope the Red Shed will accept payment from my emergency store of Brexit sovereigns, farthings & old thrupenny bits.

post-508-0-58742900-1490977330.jpg

Nice lampost.

P

...just in case you're wondering what a red shed has to do with Scalefour North...apparently its one of Wakefields top Real Ale establishments where one can have a decent pint at a reasonable price without being surrounded by noise or overactive young (and not so young) people...and after a hard day at Scalefour North what better way to relax than a quiet pint...for the first hour at least...

http://www.theredshed.org.uk/

BTW other Real Ale establishments are also available...

Archived