Little Muddle

KNP

3 hours ago, KNP said:

I brought it when first released by Dapol I paid little attention of the badging at the time, I just wanted one, now I'm a lot wiser it sort of looks wrong as I know it is a 1942 version.

2758.jpg.8f8aa4067c46671701831b03d4c3b714.jpg

My plan is to apply the shirt button roundel but I will need to remove the lamp brackets, two steps and then make good to the paintwork which I expect might be more than just a small area.

Its just one of those jobs that gets put off as other projects come along but it will be done one day.

I did think as a stop gap measure was to do the side doors with the roundels and remove the writing, badge on either end and leave at that for the short term.

You never know, typing this might prompt me into action!!

Would it not be possible to ask Dapol if they can supply the correct Body for you, or to advertise on here, or the Facebook OO Model Railways for Sale site for a Body Swap with someone. https://www.facebook.com/groups/270721966362295

I did that on Facebook O Gauge site for my 37 and had a couple of responses and its worked for me.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I did that with a Bachmann Prairie, managed to get a BR black one cheaply, (There were a lot about.) and a new body in pre 1934 livery for less than people were asking for a complete loco in pre 1934 livery. 

Once I had done the body swap, I sold the BR black body. All I have to do now is lose the orange lining on the cylinder lagging.

• Like 3

I reckon this fruit Van is over 30 yrs old and it wasn't till I took this picture that I'm not sure if the livery is correct, or at least very borderline.

3701.jpg.ee4f5fcc276cb6b48af8a0ca84002ce7.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 17
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

16 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

I'd never really considered where the GWRland LM was set, but assuming 5531 would not stray far from her home shed, it puts LM in West Devon or even Cornwall.

image.png.9d96029ddd314a40950f4335bd66b180.png

Little Muddle is out of this world

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

I know it’s the camera lens. But maybe it’s time Fred Dinah needs to have a look.

"Mmmm. Aye. Oh aye. Y'know?"

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Ponthir28 said:

I know it’s the camera lens. But maybe it’s time Fred Dinah needs to have a look.

"Did you like that,!" Actualy I think Fred would be about 3 months old in the summer of 1938....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, KNP said:

Then I thought would the previous picture look better cropped.

3704.jpg.63bf317771f66dbc017e22bf5db7e2a8.jpg

I think so.

I think cropping off the end of the signal box was good but for me the original was better for height.

• Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1