Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ponthir28 said:

Who needs David Attenborough. When we have little Muddle.

 

Welcome to A Life on Little Muddle.

In a series of episodes we’ll follow the trials and tribulations, the comings and goings, the ups and downs, the back and forths, the raisings and lowerings and all the microscopic details of life on this little planet.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, My mate David isn't like that at all...... OH! .... THAT David Attenborough

 

But was the crane discovered by an Industrial Archaeologist? The fossilised bits have been nicely reassembled

  • Funny 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KNP said:

Craneusupusliftus

Not to be confused with Grus americana, the Whooping Crane......

 

OTOH, if you'd been dragged out of an extended Muddle, perhaps whooping might seem reasonable!

  • Funny 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Gedward said:

 

Welcome to A Life on Little Muddle.

In a series of episodes we’ll follow the trials and tribulations, the comings and goings, the ups and downs, the back and forths, the raisings and lowerings and all the microscopic details of life on this little planet.

 

And still the crate stays on the lorry!

  • Funny 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KNP said:

Sneaking through the undergrowth a very rare endangered species is on the the move.

Not many have seen this in the wild...quietly we move into the shrubland and there before us is.....

The

Craneusupusliftus

found only in the rarest of places moves serenely on its way 

 

3597.jpg.8c1509bee4c3509da41247cff1ace87d.jpg

 

We will follow it on its way but you need to keep quiet and move slowly as it is easily spooked....

 

Oh look there is Toadashuffalas following it

  • Funny 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Slower than fairies, slower than witches,

Past the hill and past the ditches,

 

And here is a farm and there is a river:
Each a glimpse and gone for ever!

Edited by John Besley
Addition
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see the John Ahern influence in that pub, particularly in the sketch a few pages back. Little Muddle, a sort of 21st century Madder Valley. I've spent the last three weeks playing catch up from page 1 and thinking more and more that I can do this. No fancy kit built locos, or bespoke track and full length trains etc here, just good scenery, clever use of camera tech and an eye for detail in a space that most of us actually have. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w124bob said:

I can see the John Ahern influence in that pub, particularly in the sketch a few pages back. Little Muddle, a sort of 21st century Madder Valley. I've spent the last three weeks playing catch up from page 1 and thinking more and more that I can do this. No fancy kit built locos, or bespoke track and full length trains etc here, just good scenery, clever use of camera tech and an eye for detail in a space that most of us actually have. 

 

 

That is pretty much where I came in to RMWeb. Looking for a photo of Shipston on Stour goods shed. The way that this layout is constructed matches my own aims for a layout. This one is an inspiration especially in those moments when you wonder why you are bothering to set yourself such a task.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The pub is looking absolutely great now and for some reason it reminds me of the old thatched houses which had shaped corrugated iron fitted over the thatch and painted red or tarred. There were quite a few around still in the early1980s before property prices went mad.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget that thatch has incredible insulation properties. If it could be reliably fireproofed and not need replacing regularly it would be the best roof ever.

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cliff park said:

Don't forget that thatch has incredible insulation properties. If it could be reliably fireproofed and not need replacing regularly it would be the best roof ever.

 

Having grown up in an area with a lot of thatched properties, I've seen quite a few fires. It's also surprising how often you see one having routine repairs and the cruck timbers are charred from a previous fire. 

A lot of the houses dated back three hundred, four hundred or more years. Well, the bottom twelve feet or so did. That's what makes them interesting as structures. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KNP said:

Work back underway on The Unicorn now the decorations and woodwork to the second bedroom are all but done.

Extension roof tiled both sides, ridge added, leadwork finished all missing doors added.

 

IMG_3309.jpg.d94bdd45de0f78a6536f73651e52548d.jpg

 

 

 

That’s good timing with indoor quaffing and carousing being allowed from tomorrow

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...