Collie Lane, OO gauge.

Hi Everyone,

Well after the other site not being suitable and having a dumb moment I am now going to upload my photos to RMweb.

Let me bring you upto date as the layout stands today.

The layout is nearly finished now apart from a few more details and possibly adding more yard lights.

Here are a few photos of the layout.

post-9096-0-54159000-1501073840_thumb.jpg

Overall view.

post-9096-0-97593900-1501073871_thumb.jpg

Ariel shot.

post-9096-0-69781500-1501073915_thumb.jpg

Close up of left hand side of the layout.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 4

Hi Steve,

I don't think I will make the Selby show, thanks for the offer of having a go of your layout, I will have to have a go when your next at a show.

I will be in Pickering for the Pickering show on the 19th of August all being well ( I'm a bit stuck due to possible hospital visits ).

Have a great show.

Jerry.

Just found your thread Jerry. I hope health and life is treating you a bit better now. Due to your issues with photos I was not able to view the build process, but like the look of your work in the most recent pictures. I look forward to seeing further development.

Thanks Andyram,

Health wise things have slightly improved but I still have bad days, Photobucket want a load of money to host photos so I upload them to rmweb now, its unfortunate but only way I can do it now.

At the moment I'm still thinking of where to go next for module two, current thinking is a loco shed.

More soon.

Jerry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

Here is a photo of the underside of module 2:

post-9096-0-92550800-1503329392_thumb.jpg

As you can see I added some bracing and support so the layout is nice and sturdy now.

Also I went to our local car boot sale yesterday and picked this up for £4.

post-9096-0-32722900-1503329574_thumb.jpg

It's a class 08, I think its a old Hornby one.

It didn't run which the bloke said but after giving it a close inspection I saw it needed some pick ups and a clean, a few hours later it looked better and now runs.

I'm going to detail it very slightly.

I am very happy with it.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 4

Not bad f

Hi Everyone.

Here is a photo of the underside of module 2:

attachicon.gifWP_20170819_08_35_37_Pro.jpg

As you can see I added some bracing and support so the layout is nice and sturdy now.

Also I went to our local car boot sale yesterday and picked this up for £4.

attachicon.gifWP_20170821_16_23_40_Pro.jpg

It's a class 08, I think its a old Hornby one.
It didn't run which the bloke said but after giving it a close inspection I saw it needed some pick ups and a clean, a few hours later it looked better and now runs.
I'm going to detail it very slightly.
I am very happy with it.

More soon.

Jerry.

Not bad for £4. Does it have the "automatic"uncoupling system?

Hi Everyone.

I have a tiny bit more to the layout today, stuck the backscene on and added a station platform, this is not glued at the moment, it's just there to see if it looks ok and whist I come up with ideas.

Here is a photo of latest progress with my newly detailed ( I just painted the details ) bargain class 08.

post-9096-0-03216400-1503402979_thumb.jpg

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 3

Hi Huggy.

Thanks for your reply, the loco was certainly a bargain and it runs good too.

I'm having difficulty in deciding whether to have a station or not, I want to use up things I have but I have no coaches for passengers ( I could always get one ) or do I do something completely different.

Decisions decisions.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Huggy.

Thanks for your reply, the loco was certainly a bargain and it runs good too.

I'm having difficulty in deciding whether to have a station or not, I want to use up things I have but I have no coaches for passengers ( I could always get one ) or do I do something completely different.

Decisions decisions.

More soon.

Jerry.

As you have the adjacent goods depot, why not?  Being a short platform, finding a suitable coach that wasn't an antique 4 wheeler or something might be tricky though. Could be a works halt, maybe as you have a nice rural background, a quarry or similar offscene?

(Editors note - couldn't believe how badly I wrote this in the first instance, must do better......  :)_

Edited by Huggy

As you have the adjacent goods depot, why not?  Being a short platform, finding a suitable coach that wasn't an antique 4 wheeler or something might be tricky though. Could be a works halt or something, as you have a nice rural background, maybe a quarry or something offscene?

I must say a "works halt" was immediately sprung to my mind. I believe these worked on the Highworth branch.

http://www.highworthhistoricalsociety.co.uk/highworth-archives/highworth-light-railway.html

Not a cheap option would be a railcar, the old lima/Hornby AEC one, 121 bubble car or if your lottery number come up on of the Heljan examples.

Hi Guys,

I really liked the idea of a halt so I went out and bought the wills station half with shelter kit, I think this will look a lot better than the original station I was going to use so thanks for that idea.

I was considering saving up for a nice railcar or maybe I could find one second hand, for now I may just get a small coach.

I will post a photo once I have built and painted it up.

More soon.

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry1975
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

I really liked the idea of a halt so I went out and bought the wills station half with shelter kit, I think this will look a lot better than the original station I was going to use so thanks for that idea.

I was considering saving up for a nice railcar or maybe I could find one second hand, for now I may just get a small coach.

I will post a photo once I have built and painted it up.

More soon.

Jerry.

That is a nice kit and very like Harty Road Halt on the Isle of Sheppy https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/327003622928736456/, This is a former  Colonel Stephens light railway so if you went this route any thing goes, very old second hand stock from various "main line " companies mixed trains etc.

Thanks for the information D&H, very interesting, I also like the idea of light railway.

I have painted all the parts of the halt kit and assembled it, here is a quick photo I took off it on the layout:

post-9096-0-62719000-1503675379_thumb.jpg

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 3