Outback L & B kits

mjohnm

Has anyone bought Outback’s Lynton station kits?  I’d want to pay by credit card for the protection it offers but it appears that only PayPal is accepted.  (While the website describes a way to pay by credit card, the screen which actually appears is not the one described.)  I e-mailed Outback about this but have not had a reply.  Also, I have not seen on the website any information about despatch of the kits.  It feels like sending a considerable sum of money into a black hole with no knowledge of when the purchase will be delivered and no means of recompense if things go wrong.

When you pay by Paypal it should give you a choice to login to your account (default) or pay by card, select the option with card symbols & Paypal logo together.

Trouble with this route is that you lose the credit card protection. If your card compny pays the merchant via an agent (PayPal), it's not responsible for any failure of the merchant.  Outback's website does show a way of paying direct from card company to Outback - but it doesn't work in practice.

Paypal will give you protection. Last year, I paid for a online subscription to RM, using a CC via Paypal. The sub was through a 3rd party, but was supposed to include access to all digital back issues, just like subscribing direct.

To keep this short, I did not get what I paid for, and no reply from the dealer.

Contacted paypal, filled out the required page (not terribly long), got a immediate response they would contact seller. It did take 30 day, but I got a full refund.

Jim F

• RMweb Gold

Their website says they're at a 2 day show this weekend, I can imagine in Oz the journey there and back isn't a quick one. They have some lovely looking products and don't seem like a fly by night bunch.

Pretty much all transactions on the internet are through 'merchant services' such as Paypal, others are 'World Pay' etc, pay through PP and select the credit card option and you'll have no trouble.

• 2 weeks later...