Newark on Trent 2018

nigel gill

• RMweb Premium

Super show, even better than last year. The room with Asenby St Peter, Seahouses and others was essential viewing but easily missed.

Dava

• RMweb Premium

A cracking show, even SWMBO lasted over 3 hours with only one (very decent) coffe break.

Good venue, nice and light, and excellent car parkin, too.

I don't know how busy Saturday was, but we arrived at 12.00, and had a very relaxed time there. Busy enough, but not so busy as to be uncomfortable.

Well worth the trip up the A1. It will certinly be in my calendar for next year.

Well done to all concerned, exhibitors, traders, and organisers.

Regards

Ian

Another satisfied customer here.  Spent a very enjoyable couple of hours there this afternoon: a nice range of layouts and plenty of space to move around comfortably, plus some useful trade.  As always, thank you one and all - hope you get time to relax later on this evening with a glass of something medicinal...   

Best wishes, 

Paul

Many thanks to the Lincoln Club for inviting Tytton Hall Yard. We all really enjoyed the weekend and were well looked after.

I hope the show was a success for the Lincoln club and that they continue the good work to put on such an excellent show.

• RMweb Gold

Attended this exhibition today.  Really enjoyed it.  Just the right size of show, with a good mix of layout gauges and eras.  Good trade support and very informative demonstrations.

It's a shame Paul Chetter wasn't in attendance as advertised in advance and in the programme.  I had hoped to see him with regard to discussing further sound projects, as I had purchased from him before. I was later informed that he had gone to Glasgow instead - without informing the organisers!  Hence his table was empty all day.

If you read Paul's post on the Mansfield Show topic (this weekend, St Peter's Centre Mansfield) it transpires that Paul was not invited to attend.

On behalf of all associated with the Lincoln & District Model railway club i would like to personally thank all those that exhibited, helped behind the scenes and the paying guests for making a great weekend....

A special mention to the Tytton Hall Yard team hope all are well as they continued our exhibition precedence for having serious crashes en-route to the venue.

Again many thanks......Nige

• Like 2

Attended this exhibition today.  Really enjoyed it.  Just the right size of show, with a good mix of layout gauges and eras.  Good trade support and very informative demonstrations.

It's a shame Paul Chetter wasn't in attendance as advertised in advance and in the programme.  I had hoped to see him with regard to discussing further sound projects, as I had purchased from him before. I was later informed that he had gone to Glasgow instead - without informing the organisers!  Hence his table was empty all day.

This sort of thing can get one a bad name.

It's hard to swallow being included in the program and table plan without my agreement to attend, but then to fabricate a story about my going to Glasgow to cover the club's error is totally unacceptable.

Fact is, I was at home, 30 minutes away from the venue all weekend, yet no one contacted me to ask why I was not in attendance.

To be clear.

I was not invited to this show.

I did not go to Glasgow. (Having been there once with Hornby Magazine, I know that show/venue does not work for me).

I would never fail to attend, when booked, without a genuine reason.

I would never fail to attend, when booked, without informing the organisers

I've not seen my name connected to this year's event in any advance advertising or indeed within this thread.

There have been other years when I have not been invited to this, my local show, so I don't take my required attendance for granted. No paperwork, no show.

I'm really sorry if anyone was disappointed that I was not there when they were expecting me. This was beyond my control.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 2

This sort of thing can get one a bad name.

It's hard to swallow being included in the program and table plan without my agreement to attend, but then to fabricate a story about my going to Glasgow to cover the club's error is totally unacceptable.

Fact is, I was at home, 30 minutes away from the venue all weekend, yet no one contacted me to ask why I was not in attendance.

To be clear.

I was not invited to this show.

I did not go to Glasgow. (Having been there once with Hornby Magazine, I know that show/venue does not work for me).

I would never fail to attend, when booked, without a genuine reason.

I would never fail to attend, when booked, without informing the organisers

I've not seen my name connected to this year's event in any advance advertising or indeed within this thread.

There have been other years when I have not been invited to this, my local show, so I don't take my required attendance for granted. No paperwork, no show.

I'm really sorry if anyone was disappointed that I was not there when they were expecting me. This was beyond my control.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul,

Not only did they include you in the programme, but your attendance was advertised in their advance listing on the UKModelshop website!

Anyway, sorry not to have met you and hope to see you at another exhibition again before too long.

Thoroughly enjoyed my weekend at the show as I always have in the past. As Mr. King has commented above, some aspects of the organisation are not always immediately apparent, but everything happened when it needed to and it all went smoothly for us. I never have enough time to look around these shows when there with Grantham, but it seemed a good selection of layouts and a few different traders and - most importantly - I gather numbers were up.

I would like to know who told you that Paul would be at Glasgow the club didn't know anything.

Alan