N.C.E powercab add ons ?

Shedmaster 47

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

To the best of my knowledge. We ran like this on my mate's O gauge layout for some time before we introduced a booster.

p.s. I forgot, that's exactly what I do with my O gauge shunting plank at present - i.e. I don't need a booster!

Edited by Ray H
Memory failure!
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 07/12/2017 at 16:29, Shedmaster 47 said:

Hi gents;

Thank you all very much for the detailed and informative help and advice to the questions asked about my N.C.E system.

After rechecking through all the posts and following the advice given ;i appear to have solved the problem !!!!     I HOPE !!

It seams that i had somehow got the two handsets mixed up .i was in fact trying to use the 1;28 version as the "power cab" ( set to address 3 ) and the other handset ( version 1:68 )  as the "slave" throttle ,set to address 2  !!!

Having "swapped " over the handsets and double-checked the displays to be certain ; i have now marked the cabs so their  is NO mistaking them anymore !!!

( this will teach me NOT to try to control model railways while  "dog -tired" after midnight !!! )

I  plugged the system in to the wall socket and let it  "power-up" and after a few seconds i then plugged the second handset into the same control panel( using the coiled lead )  and waited for it to power up also.

Hey Presto !!    i entered an loco address and not only got movement at the throttle , but all function and sounds too !!      At last making me one very happy modeler !!

THANK-YOU  once again for all your help, advice and patience  gents in getting this issue resolved .

Kind regards 

Allan

P.S   I use my mobile to access this site mostly ,is there  a way of deleting this  entire conversation now its resolved ???

OR  is it perhaps best left on here ,to possibly be of some help to others at some point ??

Thanks again...

You are quite correct in waiting for the first Power Cab to boot up before plugging in the second throttle (whatever type it might be).

Also for the second throttle when plugged into the righthand socket of a Powercab facia, the type of cable doesn't matter as pins 1 & 6 aren't connected inside the socket. These are the pins that carry the power TO the Powercab.