New layout

SteveS

Hello all.

I finally finished laying the track and point work on my O scale layout. Now to go back and wire it. The pointwork is all handlaid #5 & #6 turnouts. it is 2 boards each 16 inches wide by 72 inches long.

My plan is that it will load coal or some sort of mineral etc...and d liver them to BR. Right now I have a Minerva Pannier and 2 Dapol 7 plank wagons eventually will add more wagons. Hopefully I’ll need about 10 wagons.

Layout will be DCC. It will also serve as a test track for some of my American O scale equipment.

Enjoy

Steve

post-33470-0-30405000-1518926430_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Have to agree with that, but I really want to see the American stuff!! ;)

Well we can do that too. Where I'm building this layout is my HO scale layout that goes around part of my cellar.

Welcome to 7mm, it's addictive.

As Chris says a great choice of loco in the Minerva Pannier, I have a few myself.

The track plan is great too, lots of operating/shunting potential there.

I too am looking forward to seeing some American O, I do have a liking for the stuff from across the pond sometimes....................

Will follow with interest.

Jinty ;)

Finally got the whole wired up and getting the bugs out of it. runs real nice. Right now it sits on some shelf brackets below my HO layout. I think I will move it so it can be more readily seen. Will try to post some short video of it later

Steve

• Like 1

Welcome to 7mm, it's addictive.

As Chris says a great choice of loco in the Minerva Pannier, I have a few myself.

The track plan is great too, lots of operating/shunting potential there.

I too am looking forward to seeing some American O, I do have a liking for the stuff from across the pond sometimes....................

Will follow with interest.

Jinty ;)

Jinty

Right now all my American O scale is at  friends layout. Only thing I have at home is kits and what ever I'm trying to build. But I'll try to get a few pictures on his layout. If you want google Fox Valley O scalers and you'll find his website with the layout . He also has a small hobby shop per se in his garage..

Steve

• 9 months later...

Well it has been awhile since I talked about the O scale layout I started earlier this year. Not t much real progress per say. But at least getting some play value out of it. Along with fine tuning trackwork and so forth. The layout is 16 inches wide be 12 feet slong using 2 6 foot baseboards. Turnouts are #5 and are handlaid and the track is flex track. The baseboards above it is my HO scale American layout. I wanted to give my hand at the British way of doing baseboards. ( smaller dimensionally lumbernot physically connecting the track between boards etc...) The layout is wired for DCC only the points use Tam Valley Frog Juicers For frog polarity. My original thought was to make this a colliery layout with two sidings on the left in the fourth photo down as my connection to the mainline. There is another part of me want to add say a sector plate at one end and make it an end of branch terminal. Thought comments welcome.

.post-33470-0-83582200-1543538007_thumb.jpegpost-33470-0-11101300-1543538026_thumb.jpegpost-33470-0-89033400-1543538044_thumb.jpegpost-33470-0-78598600-1543538071_thumb.jpegpost-33470-0-46582400-1543538088_thumb.jpegpost-33470-0-29138100-1543538109_thumb.jpeg