Hudswell Clarke contractor's 0-4-0ST

Very nicely done Dave. The little Hudswell is the one Agenoria kit in 7mm scale I regret not getting before their hibernation.

Looking forward to seeing the layout, though like me, you seem to prefer building locos to layouts.

Cheers,

Andrew

Very nicely done Dave. The little Hudswell is the one Agenoria kit in 7mm scale I regret not getting before their hibernation.

Looking forward to seeing the layout, though like me, you seem to prefer building locos to layouts.

Cheers,

Andrew

I have a completely untouched 7mm kit in my stock. It is complete with Slaters wheels but no motor or gears. I bought it when Pete brought it out. It is a pretty little engine but it is not really appropriate for my area of interest so I am open to offers.

Ian.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No thoughts on lining I'm afraid - I've never been that brave myself, but I was wondering how you've found the power of the N20 motor/gearbox? Mine has now arrived, and I'm amazed how neat it is - the whole unit is only the size of a Mashima 1024. However I had thought of using it in a High Level big Barclay 0-6-0 side tank, and, seeing the size of it, I'm not so sure now...

No thoughts on lining I'm afraid - I've never been that brave myself, but I was wondering how you've found the power of the N20 motor/gearbox? Mine has now arrived, and I'm amazed how neat it is - the whole unit is only the size of a Mashima 1024. However I had thought of using it in a High Level big Barclay 0-6-0 side tank, and, seeing the size of it, I'm not so sure now...

I don't know about power as it hasnot pulled any more than 3 wagons so far but in Geoff Helliwell's article (Railway Modeller April 2018) he mentions pushing down hard on a motor bogie that he powered with one of these and being unable to stall it. I myself have run one up and have tried to stall it by squeezing a thumb and fingers on the shaft and it takes a lot more force than it would with a normal worm drive gearbox. I think that as far as 4mm industrials are concerned you're going to run out of traction long before you run out of power.

I have noticed that this loco runs with a mild flywheel effect with there being no worm drive, so if you can get one of the sets that has a shaft on the free end of the motor, and put a flywheel on, it should run amazingly well.

• 1 month later...