jpachl

Artistic Model Railway Photography

I decided to continue the topic on artistic model railway photography I started in the boxfile and diorama section (see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108170-collaboration-between-railway-modeller-and-artist/) here in the photography section where it fits better.

In the meantime, I finished another picture combining a model railway railway scene with a virtual background made from a computer game. Details, you find on the linked Flickr page.

40102787790_fbe62726d0_z.jpgWarehouse yard by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

Last week, this picture made it on the header of the weekly newsletter of Model Railway Hobbyist magazine.

post-13376-0-48533300-1526206913.jpg

Joern

Edited by jpachl
  • Like 4

That title usually means scantily clad ladies draped over bonnets. :)

...R

PS .. or men

Edited by Robin2

Here a new photo in which I combined a TT scale model railway scene with edited screenshots from two different computer games.

Joern

43327723920_950d794787_z.jpgUnderpass by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

Edited by jpachl
  • Like 2

Jörn, that must be one of your best yet.  :good:  

Since most computer games play in a rather modern or even near-future fantasy world, it's a little bit difficult to find suitable environments that would fit to my 1960s rolling stock. So, I recently bought some modern TT scale US tank cars made by Czech manufacturer MTB to be used in such virtual photo scenes. Here is the first result.

47259204081_3b88ce3573_z.jpgCalling 911 at the level crossing by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

• Like 2

With 'Metro Exodus', there is now a computer game playing in a dystopian railway world. So, I couldn't resist to try out if there are some scenes that could be used to present my Russian TT scale models.

33614921558_9efbb4a028_z.jpgOn the turntable by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

46746811814_a3759b0cbe_z.jpgMetro Exodus tribute by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Here is the image that graces the cover of the current Scale7 Newsletter (my last as Editor). The photo was taken by Heather Kavanagh at Love Lane.

Front_cover_edited.jpg

Edited by wagonman
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

TT scale (1:120) model train steaming through a virtual old industry environment made from an edited screenshot of the computer game 'Devil May Cry 5'. The original screenshot was provided by VR artist Larah Johnson

48221538991_38f3647952_z.jpgSteaming through the old industry yard by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

Edited by jpachl
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Posted (edited)

TT scale (1:120) model train headed by Soviet steam locomotive ТЭ-3505 (former German class 52) passing through a virtual wasteland made from a screenshot of the computer game 'Metro Exodus'. The original screenshot was provided by French VR artist X-Nergal-X.

Joern

48544626436_77d6e3130e_z.jpgSteaming through the wasteland by Jörn Pachl, auf Flickr

Edited by jpachl
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2