Wagons on Independent Light Railways

I think the HMRS photos date from around 1920-25. But that must mean that they were cleared for main line running as if they weren't they wouldn't have been pooled.

Marc

There were some wagons excluded from the pool, either at the wish of the railway co. (the GWR didn't want its fitted stock included, among others) but companies like the MSLR were not party to the common user arrangements. The EWYU though was a joint line...

There were a number of joint lines in that area but the E&WYUR was a private affair being built as a mineral railway before the 1890's then turning into a Light Railway to allow a passenger service in 1904. It remained independent until 1924 when it was absorbed into the LNER. its wagons were numbered in the GNR's number range. There is a photo of one in E&WYUR livery and one in LNER livery in the first Vol of LNER wagons.

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

There were a number of joint lines in that area but the E&WYUR was a private affair being built as a mineral railway before the 1890's then turning into a Light Railway to allow a passenger service in 1904. It remained independent until 1924 when it was absorbed into the LNER. its wagons were numbered in the GNR's number range. There is a photo of one in E&WYUR livery and one in LNER livery in the first Vol of LNER wagons.

Marc

My mistake, Marc. Fancy me not knowing more about a line almost exclusively worked by Manning Wardle saddle tanks!