2 X DRS 37s

• RMweb Premium

Went to meet a friend off the 14.48 arrival from London and sitting at P1 were 2 DRS 37s on a scrap metal working to Thameside (I think from the wagon labels). When they left it was quite a good noise heading for Gamston (but not as good as Bittern yesterday!) No camera of course! :angry:

Is this a regular working down the ECML? :blink:

Sincerely, Slug@36E

Went to meet a friend off the 14.48 arrival from London and sitting at P1 were 2 DRS 37s on a scrap metal working to Thameside (I think from the wagon labels). When they left it was quite a good noise heading for Gamston (but not as good as Bittern yesterday!) No camera of course! :angry:

Is this a regular working down the ECML? :blink:

Sincerely, Slug@36E

6Z90 Tyne Dock - Sheerness, it's an occasional runner but usually with a DRS 66. The return is on Saturday but via the WCML/Burton/MML/ECML.

and they are working the cardiff to tyne dock emptys on saturday as well, they used a pair of 37s instead of a 66 as a trial for using class 37s on this working because of better fuel range and if the trial was sucessfull this working could be passing to the hands of class 37 for traction and i saw them at york and 2 ex thornaby class 37s back on a metals working :) fingers crossed for this working becoming class 37s

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi guys,

Heres 1 from me hope it does go over to a solid 37 turn ;)

Cheers, Jon.

Hi Jon. I glimpsed (missed the numbers) another two going south on Wednesday (28th) when I was on my way north to Darlo/Shildon; think I was a tad north of York (Templehirst is it?).

Looks like it could be a 'regular' but running whenever?

Nice pic by the way. :)

36E

• RMweb Premium

the 2 class 37s on wed 28th april were 37038 and 37611

good news these scrap trains are now in the hands of class 37s they have took over from the class 66 and thats confirmed :)

Thanks EE. How can I find out when these run?

36E

Hi Jon. I glimpsed (missed the numbers) another two going south on Wednesday (28th) when I was on my way north to Darlo/Shildon; think I was a tad north of York (Templehirst is it?).

Looks like it could be a 'regular' but running whenever?

Sounds like Shipton by Beningbrough-Temple Hirst is well to the south of York. near Eggborough Power Station

timings for these usually found on forums and the train runs wednesday south and returns north on a friday and i know york its between 11.30 to 12.15 roughly in that time scale then it runs via milford junction and pontifract baghill but that route could change because week before it went via doncaster but its good to see a pair of 37s back on a metals working :)

• RMweb Premium

[quote name='english electric' date='02 May 2010 - 10:00 ' timestamp='1272790805' post='132473']

timings for these usually found on forums and the train runs wednesday south and returns north on a friday and i know york its between 11.30 to 12.15 roughly in that time scale then it runs via milford junction and pontifract baghill but that route could change because week before it went via doncaster but its good to see a pair of 37s back on a metals working :)

So my sighting at Retford that Thursday (see first and original posting) was a bit of luck then?

36E

Archived