Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

7 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Well that's positive news. A few more pennies for the new layout.

Plus you are still getting enquires about SMS so that's good.

Chin up Mr P you're getting there. Might not be as fast as your layout building but you are moving forward.

Thanks, and yes indeed, I could always SCRAP the Layouts, salvage the bits, and almost get my money back that way, and re use the boards, so still plenty of options.

Another day, another few little jobbies to do.

The main thing today will be a tidy up, I've been collecting boxes to put stuff in for posting, and yesterday I / we, (that's the Royal WE, you understand) got the 3 boxes of empty Wagon Boxes out of the loft ready for Tuesday evening / Wednesday and parcelling up to post.

All the Loco Boxes are in plastic crates under the end of SMS so they are easy to sort out.

I'm meeting a chap at Eastleigh next Sunday morning early as he is passing that way, and he has purchased a couple of Locos and wagons. 

Hopefully I will have most posted or delivered in the next week, and then a start can be made on final planning.

Things to do so back later.

It's a bit sad that you are going from SMS in 7mm to a roundy in 4mm. I shall miss the daily visits.

Looking forward to your new build from "nought" to "Like a windmill in my mind" :read::swoon:

Do you have an updated list of stock that is still for sale.

Best

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

It's a bit sad that you are going from SMS in 7mm to a roundy in 4mm. I shall miss the daily visits.

Looking forward to your new build from "nought" to "Like a windmill in my mind" :read::swoon:

Do you have an updated list of stock that is still for sale.

Best

Thanks young man, I need a project that will last me a good few years, I hope.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I need a project that will last me a good few years, I hope.

Would that be listing all the stock that's visited SMS?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy why not do a quick photo shoot of Any stock, Locos and accessories NOT yet sold, posed on one of the layouts ?  Then punters will know whats still available and enquire accordingly :)

Cheers

Matt

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Andy why not do a quick photo shoot of Any stock, Locos and accessories NOT yet sold, posed on one of the layouts ?  Then punters will know whats still available and enquire accordingly :)

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt, technically I'm not aloud to advertise, as I'm not a Gold Star Member, but a list is available via a pm.

Basically its both Layouts, a Blue Large Logo 37, Loch Long, a Blue 33 and a 20, and one OAA in early brown.

I will post some pics up later.

Thanks.

Fitted with a Paul Chetter Active Drive Sound Chip and 2 Crew, 33012 would make a superb addition to any O Gauge Layout. It has the full size Chip and a Double Boom Box Speaker in the Fuel Tank and runs and sounds superb.

DSCF4119.JPG.17a2cebaa0a6c69d6dec2a007c169ece.JPG

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, pwr said:

Is Lazy Joe for sale?

Paul R

Gone I'm afraid Paul, along with his Son and Grandson. 

They were ordered when I was going to sell the LOT several Months ago, and I had to cancel the sale at that time, but with the proviso that should things change, the new keeper will have them and keep them gainfully employed here on R M W.

All the figures and odd bits were bought very early on, and will be heading off to pastures new on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So yes, It looks like I'm moving on once Bench Road is Sold, I hope I end up somewhere nice, at my age, I need something to rest on.

DSCF4010.JPG.c4ab72f3986f9f814a73ef6d7bf27f1a.JPG

Well I've heard Wickes & B&Q fencing departments are now taking on staff. ;)

• Funny 1

For someone who is taking the first steps into 7mm from 4mm and the learning curve (and costs) I am finding of what is involved fair play to you Andrew for what many would seem a backward move.

Your turnover is phenomenal.

Any chance of a preview Era and location  - was this influenced by your move to the South?

CS 

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, jcarta said:

Well I've heard Wickes & B&Q fencing departments are now taking on staff. ;)

Naaa Far to stressful for him mate, he needs a nice Garden, somewhere quiet, where he can sit and watch the Trains go by.:D

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, chickensoup said:

For someone who is taking the first steps into 7mm from 4mm and the learning curve (and costs) I am finding of what is involved fair play to you Andrew for what many would seem a backward move.

Your turnover is phenomenal.

Any chance of a preview Era and location  - was this influenced by your move to the South?

CS 

Hi CS, Not really influenced originally by the move Souf, BUT in a round about way yes it was.

The move meant I have less room than I had before, so that has been a major factor.

Factor No 2, is, as you may have noticed, I enjoy building Layouts.

Not just the building, but the planning as well, and since being down here, the planning pad has been beside my chair almost constantly.

Factor No 3, I also enjoy sitting and watching Trains go by.

Factor No 4, Before the move, several local friends and I had regular WEEKLY meet ups (Prior to Covid), at others houses, all no more than 10 to 15 minutes away from each other, and a few of them were roundy in OO, in fact they were ALL OO apart from me, so at least up there, some of my needs were met on a regular weekly basis.

With no more room to expand, and the URGE to do something this was bound to come at some stage, and so rather than put it off until I'm to old and Grumpy to enjoy it, it is being done now.

As far as the Location and Stock is concerned, well I have a small fleet of Sound fitted Locos, and some Goods Stock  already purchased to go, along with some Track and Points that I've been accumulating over the last few weeks, so once Seven Mills and Bench Road are gone, then I can move on quite quickly.

Plans, Era, Location will NOT be revealed on here, but will have to wait until the New Thread is started in the Layouts Section. That is not to be secretive, but mainly to ensure this Thread does not start to wander off course and become a debating Society for the New Project.

I hope that answers all your question, and the best of luck with your new 7mm project.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Final preparations for todays Photo Shoot.

UDSCF4744.JPG.5d1d064c9e09b8f54c1d1c170bdda69b.JPG

And very nice it looks too.   If only Puppers had some space and a wodge of modelling tokens next time I'm down your way I could have relieved you of it!  

Oh well .....

• Thanks 1