Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Ian, Yes thanks O.K. again now mate and this time staying that way. The New Plans should be revealed in the coming days I hope, but I need to ensure it will work before committing saw to wood.:good:

Blimey your starting to sound like 'Boris' with New Plans should be revealed in the coming days ......the only difference is you are going to ensure that they work before commitment .......ANDY PETERS FOR PM I say .......now that would be interesting :crazy::triniti:

• Funny 4

34 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Blimey your starting to sound like 'Boris' with New Plans should be revealed in the coming days ......the only difference is you are going to ensure that they work before commitment .......ANDY PETERS FOR PM I say .......now that would be interesting :crazy::triniti:

Sorry Martin, PM? Naa, I ain't got time for a day job.:swoon:

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, pwr said:

It looks like he is counting rivets. Not sure what he does if the tally doesn't agree!

Paul R

Probably starts again, he also uses that method to send himself to sleep, rather than counting Sheep.

• Funny 1

ANYWAY

Moving on, and  I am now pleased to announce

Bench Road

Bench Road is a self contained Layout but will be accessed from the Seven Up Junction Fiddle Yard.

It started it's life this morning as a piece of 6ft x 2ft 9mm Ply and has now been trimmed to size, see below.

1377467900_BenchRoad..png.c434133a3771b1948386a1bf2881f1e1.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

Nice Andy

I can't get my head round how the fiddle yard access will work. Have you a plan of it in situ in the POD?

I assume Board A is the station road where your Bubble car will terminate?

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 1

That really works Andy. Look forward to this.

I recall in my teenage years having a loft layout and always trying to find additional spaces for new boards as the stock just grew and grew! and I didn't want to have to keep taking it off the layout. 

The boards are still there in my Dad's loft but the layout has long gone.

Paul R

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, pwr said:

That really works Andy. Look forward to this.

I recall in my teenage years having a loft layout and always trying to find additional spaces for new boards as the stock just grew and grew! and I didn't want to have to keep taking it off the layout. 

The boards are still there in my Dad's loft but the layout has long gone.

Paul R

The plan is to reduce congestion, and give the Layout more operating potential.

Well that's the Plan for TODAY, but you know me and Plans.:P

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2
  • Funny 5

16 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Great space optimisation Andy.

And as you say, all on the level.

Look forward to seeing this develop

Cheers

David

Thanks David, Once the sides are fitted, I can then play with the 4 or 5 Plans that have made it to the short list.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, pwr said:

Nice Andy

I can't get my head round how the fiddle yard access will work. Have you a plan of it in situ in the POD?

I assume Board A is the station road where your Bubble car will terminate?

Paul R

Nah, the bit Andy hasn't told us is this is relieving congestion, so its going GWR steam with an autocoach.  Just wait until the GWR railcar appears too - then there will be the pannier pottering in on the coal wagons, not mention the mogul, visiting the shed (just off scene) before the Hall departs on the exit road and then ...  What was this about reducing congestion Andy??? 

Seriously, look forward to seeing what you do with it ... is this going to be more of a West Shed modern traction depot scene, or with a name line Bench Road will be a small warehouse with a couple of sidings that the 08 can potter around in?  Or has the decision on what's going on the boards yet to be taken (despite the four or five (thousand) plans that you say you have to choose from :P

Rich

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Intriguing Andy, looking forward to a video when it's all up and running.

But before then we'll have all the scenic build to complete.

Best

Hadn't realised that Andy was employing a team to do the scenery!  Great support Barnaby.

• Funny 2

11 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Nah, the bit Andy hasn't told us is this is relieving congestion, so its going GWR steam with an autocoach.  Just wait until the GWR railcar appears too - then there will be the pannier pottering in on the coal wagons, not mention the mogul, visiting the shed (just off scene) before the Hall departs on the exit road and then ...  What was this about reducing congestion Andy??? 

Seriously, look forward to seeing what you do with it ... is this going to be more of a West Shed modern traction depot scene, or with a name line Bench Road will be a small warehouse with a couple of sidings that the 08 can potter around in?  Or has the decision on what's going on the boards yet to be taken (despite the four or five (thousand) plans that you say you have to choose from :P

Rich

Plans are afoot, :mosking: Wait and see.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Intriguing Andy, looking forward to a video when it's all up and running.

But before then we'll have all the scenic build to complete.

Best

Thanks Barnaby, And yes, although I don't visualise much in the way of Buildings.

• Friendly/supportive 1