Well, Hogswatch has been and gone, and work can recommence on New Ankh. Here, early locomotive Lancre Witch simmers in the platform.

post-31781-0-44399500-1546550026_thumb.jpeg

And here’s what will be a new addition to the street scene - a somewhat over scale brewery dray by Lledo. Basic plan is to replace the driver and give it a coat of paint.

post-31781-0-71986200-1546550201_thumb.jpeg

• Like 10

Some new additions. There’s now a flock of sheep rounding the corner, the streets are showing the effects of horse traffic and I’ve finished repainting the dray.

attachicon.gif0F48E6BE-EFE5-417F-BE42-A014F8C5CE80.jpeg

attachicon.gifEBE247B2-26A3-40C8-909A-FB39F7ED2677.jpeg

attachicon.gif25F71401-08E2-4CAC-BC44-0F82FCDA2BD7.jpeg

Some excellent developments here. Really like the Wizard conversion and the brewer's dray.

You can have fun tarting up old Lledo stuff.

post-25673-0-05817900-1546642355_thumb.jpg

post-25673-0-65333500-1546642396_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Some excellent developments here. Really like the Wizard conversion and the brewer's dray.

You can have fun tarting up old Lledo stuff.

I should thank you, not only for the compliment, but because seeing your pantechnicon was what convinced me to give the Lledo stuff another look. The brewer's dray is probably a bit large, but with a scale driver it's not too noticeable. I did pick up a pantechnicon at the same market stall where I got this, and it's a better scale model IMO, but the problem is that on a layout this small, it blocks too much of the view.

Anyway, I've ordered some Stadden and Monty's figures, plus some Dart accessories, which should give me most of what I need to finish the layout. Of course, as every modeller knows, a layout is only ever theoretically finished. I keep thinking of things I could add, and no doubt I will. This layout is a chance to really go crazy.

Harry King is not having a good day. He asked for someone from the Watch to keep an eye on a valuable cargo arriving later that day, and Captain Carrot promised one of the Watch’s best officers. Not only is this clearly not one of the Watch’s best, but there’s this dog hanging around the place.

post-31781-0-71057800-1546878869_thumb.jpeg

(I know I said I didn’t want to overload this layout with specific characters, but I found this dog in my bits box and decided it was a sign that Angua should make an appearance)

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Thanks again for starting this thread. The books are a great read, slowed over Christmas but Mort and Equal rites lined up to go next. Not come across the dog.....yet.  

She's in the second book of the city watch series Men at Arms.  I think maybe you've had a spoiler already.

• RMweb Gold

Heya Tom, I had a thought which may have been mentioned already. If you have any horses on your layout you could paint them to be made of parts of different kinds of horses thanks to the Igor at Hobsons Stable....

• Like 1

Heya Tom, I had a thought which may have been mentioned already. If you have any horses on your layout you could paint them to be made of parts of different kinds of horses thanks to the Igor at Hobsons Stable....

That's a thought... I was considering the concept of a bit more horse traffic if I can fit it in.

This evening I’ve been painting some more figures. Most depictions of Ankh-Morpork portray people in 18th-19th century dress, so on many recommendations I picked up some Stadden figures. These are the men (plus some Dart point levers, a pillar box and postman). My other hobby is theatre, including costuming, and the early-mid Victorian era may be my favourite to dress. I tried to get that flamboyance with some of these gents.

post-31781-0-42250400-1547163960_thumb.jpeg

The penny is there for the benefit of my non-modelling chums.

• Like 2

Well, I finally managed to find some appropriately scaled figures to represent dwarfs. These are from Magister Militum and are actually to 15mm scale (00 is, I understand, about 20mm), but if anyone can be underscale, it’s dwarfs. The troll is from the same range, listed as an earth elemental. I replaced his feet and gave him a club and a loincloth. Also present is a Dart Castings dragon and a Monty’s Models tramp.

post-31781-0-06768200-1547506783_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5