DJH Model Loco French range under AMF87

Barry Ten

• RMweb Gold

Not sure if this has been picked up elsewhere, but according to Loco Revue, the DJH range of French kits has been picked up by AMF87. I went to their website and found a statement, which I've run through Google translate:

A partir d'octobre 2018, AMF87 reprend les outillages des kits de locomotives Françaises en HO de la célèbre marque Anglaise rebaptisée pour l'occasion Model Loco France, ces modèles reprennent intégralement les kits Model Loco initiaux améliorés à la sauce AMF87 avec notamment de nouveaux châssis avec motorisation moderne par moteur RSF, train de roues AMF, embiellages à visser... Ces kits vont ressortir progressivement, à terme, les 26 références seront remises en production et de nouvelles déclinaisons des modèles existants seront proposés.

From October 2018, AMF87 takes over the tools of the French locomotive kits in HO of the famous British brand renamed for the occasion Model Loco France, these models completely take over the original Model Loco kits improved with the AMF87 sauce with new ones chassis with modern motorization by RSF motor, AMF wheel train, linkages to screw ... These kits will come out gradually, eventually, the 26 references will be put back into production and new versions of existing models will be proposed.

Seems like excellent news. Here's a link to AMF87:

https://www.amf87.fr/prestashop/

• RMweb Premium

I do wonder if DJH are slowly dumping Loco products in their entirety.  00 has been scaled right back (and 0 too?), with no new products for years; now the French products have been sold(?) on.

• RMweb Gold

I do wonder if DJH are slowly dumping Loco products in their entirety.  00 has been scaled right back (and 0 too?), with no new products for years; now the French products have been sold(?) on.

I can see there being more legs in the French range, in that the number of high-quality RTR steam models is still pretty limited.

With regard to the UK range, I was surprised to see a lot of models missing or seemingly discontinued a while back, but which then returned to the listings. As you say,

though, nothing new and no upgrades that I'm aware of so it can't be a big priority of theirs.

The company who produce the DJH kits, Grandspot Ltd., have been gradually diversifying from just producing model railway kits since I was there some 35 years ago!

When I last visited them a couple of years ago, I was told that the model railway market was now only about 20% of their turnover, so why not take advantage of something that might make them money on items that might previously they might have considered as obsolete.