Faller Car System

MOTU

Hi

I am thinking about building an exhibition layout that would incorporate the Faller car system. However before going to far into its design I wondered, given that the layout would have to be split across two, possibly three basebaords in order to fit into my car, just how well or otherwise the Faller system is able to cop[e with being broken up and then reassembled across a number of boards. Has anybody any experience of doing this that might give me a steer please ?

Thanks

Gary

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I am thinking about building an exhibition layout that would incorporate the Faller car system. However before going to far into its design I wondered, given that the layout would have to be split across two, possibly three basebaords in order to fit into my car, just how well or otherwise the Faller system is able to cop[e with being broken up and then reassembled across a number of boards. Has anybody any experience of doing this that might give me a steer please ?

Thanks

Gary

Quite easy to put the guide wire across baseboards.

They follow quite well, but a small "chicken foot" arrangement at each joint will help it keep in line.

Cheers,

Mick

Quite easy to put the guide wire across baseboards.

They follow quite well, but a small "chicken foot" arrangement at each joint will help it keep in line.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks very much Mick. Has put my mind to rest ;-) 

Use self adhesive magnetic strip rather than wire, easier to install and magnet to magnet tends to work better and leads to less wandering, my old exhibition layout was over three boards and crossed tram tracks....worked ok.

Sounds obvious now you've suggested it but, although using such tape elsewhere, would never have occurred to me. Many thanks !