METCALFE SHOP FRONTS

paul 27

That's what I am asking,  contacted them but they were not helpful, on there website they show modern

would say post 70/80s  it states alternative ones are included so pictures would be helpful showing

what"s  included in there kits,  have seen ready built  on ebay  showing  old fashioned types whether

these are included in there latest offerings is the question.

You could adapt those in the photo link (provided in third post above) to more reflect the period you want. They do look rather generic (as well as the architecture) rather than of a specific period, so would probably benefit from some detailing and bashing. And they all look rather 'samey' so perhaps some individualisation would also help.

G

14 minutes ago, paul 27 said:

Can someone please show what shop signs/fronts are included.

It's possible that on-one who has read this thread knows, has got the kit or has a photo to show. It might be best to ask specific questions of Metcalfe directly or take a look at the kit in a shop.

But it probably doesn't really matter what the shops are as you can easily make your own signs/branding of real shops from pics sourced on line. That way they can be tailored to represent exactly what you want - era/period, shop, brand, type, etc.

G

Hi, Instead of Metcalfe you could consider scalescenes (print-your-own-kits) who tend to have

editable signs in their kits. Here is a link to one of their products, they also have low relief ones.

https://scalescenes.com/product/t022c-corner-shops/

I also just noticed this blog.

and the new forum software has added a nice picture and link. (I just

pasted the URL)

Follow the link and there is a guide to making your own signs e.g. what

fonts to use etc.

Hope someone finds this interesting.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 17:01, paul 27 said:

Yes I have seen these before but not having the means or skills to download these I will just have to purchase

the Metcalfe ones and see for my self what is included.

Bearing your comments in mind, this may not be directly relevant to you Paul, but the shop signs supplied with Scalescenes T008a and T022c kits are a perfect fit for the Metcalfe kits. Just print, cut out and paste on top of the Metcalfe sign.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Cornholio
spelling
  • Like 1