Has anyone used these motors?

• RMweb Gold

Strangely, I was looking at these on Saturday. They are a clone of another German make.

Superb with lots of useful features and reasonable compact by comparison with the likes of Tortoise which needs a lot of vertical height.

I think that I would still go with servos though.

Iain, 

The Conrad point motors and their "improved" UK version, sold by Hoffman.... have been discussed many times in the past on here over the years.

A quick search on "Conrad" should bring up pages of links to discussion and questions about them.

I wasn’t aware of the Conrad link and having had a quick look around they don’t seem to be as reliable as other motors.

i am think of using these for the extension I am about to build https://dcctrainautomation.co.uk/point-motors/4447-mp1-point-switch switching them with a DR4018. They seem to be very reliable and are heavily used in mainland EU plus they are all but silent in operation.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 26/02/2019 at 12:58, WIMorrison said:

I wasn’t aware of the Conrad link and having had a quick look around they don’t seem to be as reliable as other motors.

i am think of using these for the extension I am about to build https://dcctrainautomation.co.uk/point-motors/4447-mp1-point-switch switching them with a DR4018. They seem to be very reliable and are heavily used in mainland EU plus they are all but silent in operation.

Interesting, but looking at the specifications, I'm puzzled as to what "Miniature scant-lings 28x40mm (w x l)" are!

Art  :D

14 minutes ago, Art Dent said:

Interesting, but looking at the specifications, I'm puzzled as to what "Miniature scant-lings 28x40mm (w x l)" are!

Are you serious ???????

:laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini:

Really ??????

:lol::lol::lol:

Only joking.

I think it means the motor has small dimensions.

An archaic term, probably picked out in the translation from Czech (or German) to English.

(Def. Scantlings - a specimen, sample or small amount of something.)

• 3 months later...