BRM June 2010

Dicky W

Hello folks!

Here's what's coming up in the June BRM - a highly varied selection this month!

News and product reviews

What was new at 'Ally Pally', the latest from Skytrex and new models from EFE. Reviewed this month in N gauge are the Dapol Class 86s and Stove 'R', as well as the Stanier stock, revised Class 47 and other re-released bulk wagons from Farish.

Layout focus

Hawksbridge for Brewery Lane - the Preston O Gauge group's layout; Dantown - Phil Boyer's latest layout in N gauge and Harbourne - a compact layout in OO by Shaun Greet.

Bring your layout to life!

This month Paul Bason looks at suitable signage.

DCC spot

Nigel Burkin gives ten tips for producing a simple power bus for reliable DCC operation

Society spotlight

Making a point - Simon Bolton has a go at turnout construction at an MRC Skills Transfer Day

Locomotive conversion

Graeme King converts a Hornby Railroad A4 into the unique W1 4-6-2-2 - not just once, but three times!

Rolling stock

A Thompson non-corridor third is constructed from the Comet kit by Derek Shore

Freight only

Michael Walshaw gives an overview of tank wagon construction on the Lulworth Cove Military Railway

Readers' layouts

Tom Foster's ECML film star in OO, Eli Road in N from Robin Griffiths, Drumkinnon in OO from Duncan McFarlane, Podimoore Green in OO from Sam Alford, GWR OO in the garden from James B Dukes and a small set-piece layout in OO from James Harrison.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard,

Now that the EPL is over I can look forward to the forthcoming issue.

A few years ago, aprox 2 I think, there was a article on Roy Jackson's Retford. Has there been an update on this magnificent layout?

Regards

Mark in OZ

Hi Richard,

A few years ago, aprox 2 I think, there was a article on Roy Jackson's Retford. Has there been an update on this magnificent layout?

Regards

Mark in OZ

Mark

Yes it has - it's a lot more scenically developed. Hopefully we should feature it again soon. It was previously in October 1997's issue. How do I know? It was my first 'proper' job for the magazine in that issue when we visited Peter Waterman's layout!

Regards

Hi Richard,

Regards

Mark in OZ

There has been at least one article on it in MRJ since and it was used as a setting for some of Geoff Kent's iron ore train pictures.

There were photos taken by Andy in 2007 http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11437 . Its moved on more again since though.

It has moved on still further with grass stating to appear at the rear of the Engine Shed and lots of properties on West Carr Road. I was priveliged to be present on Sunday and bumped into a Gentleman who is a bit special with a camera and also seems to have more than a passing involvement with RM web. Think from memory his surname is Doncaster or Newcastle or at least something similar.

Kind Regards,Derek.

Archived