New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

To the best of my knowledge Andy (he says nitpicking :) ) Scunthorpe never exported steel through Milford Haven - are you sure it wasn't maybe going to Mostyn Dock for the Ireland market, routed via Bescot?  Having said that, we never had those type of curtain sided wagons at Scunthorpe that I can remember, although they could have been attached at Doncaster, perhaps off a Tees service? :drink_mini:

Nice shot tho - that pond really does look superb.

Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Some more excellent pictures Andy really enjoyed this evenings browse through the annuals of time .....your going to miss this layout when it goes to a new home :rolleyes:

Hi Martin, Yes I will miss it if it sells, that's why it's priced to sell or keep if it doesn't make the money I think it's worth.

Mind you I've had a few days, running and doing Videos on SMS, which has been fun.

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Martin, Yes I will miss it if it sells, that's why it's priced to sell or keep if it doesn't make the money I think it's worth.

Mind you I've had a few days, running and doing Videos on SMS, which has been fun.

Think you quite right not to just give it away it really is one of your best mate and I don't think I'm alone in saying that it's nice to see you enjoying the fruits of your handy work :fan:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Think you quite right not to just give it away it really is one of your best mate and I don't think I'm alone in saying that it's nice to see you enjoying the fruits of your handy work :fan:

Yes, if it has to move with me then so be it, and I just hope I have room for it. I'm also hoping to keep SMS so I will need a lot of room, or at least the same as I have now.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes, if it has to move with me then so be it, and I just hope I have room for it. I'm also hoping to keep SMS so I will need a lot of room, or at least the same as I have now.

I presume you have specified a 'model railway floor' for the new Peters Towers - Centre of Modelling Excellence?? :)

With your skills and planning(!), I am sure what ever you end up with Andy, you'll be able to make a lot of it modelling wise.

Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

To the best of my knowledge Andy (he says nitpicking :) ) Scunthorpe never exported steel through Milford Haven - are you sure it wasn't maybe going to Mostyn Dock for the Ireland market, routed via Bescot?  Having said that, we never had those type of curtain sided wagons at Scunthorpe that I can remember, although they could have been attached at Doncaster, perhaps off a Tees service? :drink_mini:

Nice shot tho - that pond really does look superb.

Rich

Thanks for that Rich, I just make up names that come into my head, haha.:o

I used to see 5 French Canvas Wagons coming up to Burton from the South each day in 2005/6.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarshLane said:

I presume you have specified a 'model railway floor' for the new Peters Towers - Centre of Modelling Excellence?? :)

With your skills and planning(!), I am sure what ever you end up with Andy, you'll be able to make a lot of it modelling wise.

Rich

Thanks Rich, I hope so, there are some days when I feel that I just don't want to start again as I'll be 70 before I even start to unpack, let alone build a Shed or convert a Garage.

We will have to see what happens, there might still be a massive sale and go N Gauge the same as you mate.  NO, I won't go to ''N'':D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Whatever scale you model I am sure it will be great.

Must say I shudder to think of moving house and I am way younger than you!

By the way you know curtains are fixtures don't you?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Rich, I hope so, there are some days when I feel that I just don't want to start again as I'll be 70 before I even start to unpack, let alone build a Shed or convert a Garage.

We will have to see what happens, there might still be a massive sale and go N Gauge the same as you mate.  NO, I won't go to ''N'':D

That I can understand ... but you never know once the bug bites on an untouched, clean canvas!  As for going to N .. well I've dropped from 7mm to 2mm Finescale :P  Anything is possible!

Rich

• Friendly/supportive 3

7 hours ago, Bogie said:

Whatever scale you model I am sure it will be great.

Must say I shudder to think of moving house and I am way younger than you!

By the way you know curtains are fixtures don't you?

Cheers Bogie, and yes the curtains are staying in the Shed, haha:good:

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

That I can understand ... but you never know once the bug bites on an untouched, clean canvas!  As for going to N .. well I've dropped from 7mm to 2mm Finescale :P  Anything is possible!

Rich

I did the same after building Trebudoc in 7mm and then going to N Gauge ( Glenfinick) for my next project.

All the best mate.

• Agree 1

And now for something totally different.

I had a day out at Bridgnorth and Arley on the Severn Valley Railway today with a couple of mates, saw some great stuff and came home inspired.

UIMG_9611.JPG.5a41434ce4084a796ca1c6c323bfc873.JPG

UIMG_9623.JPG.43d5c749843dd0b137c56cf4218f2994.JPG

UIMG_9653.JPG.35bde08e5cf5844760c1b97e0c0bd53d.JPG

More pics and maybe some Video over the coming days.

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Your supposed to be helping Dee find a new 'ouse not wandering off photographing chuff chuffs.

Have you sold the train set yet?

Haha, Not got this gaff on the market yet mate, I'm still waiting for my late Mum's place to complete, then we can start to make a move.

I still have New Mills, with one day left on flea bay, so I'll have to wait and see what happens, either reduce it to sell or take it with me and find a home for it in my Son's Garage for storage for a year or two whilst I sort out a Shed / Garage / Room. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

At first glance I thought that 40 was passing by 'your pond', then I realised you hadn't yet weathered the 40 so it's not your layout afterall. :unsure:

Thanks Mick, That's a real compliment, cheers.:good: