To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

What's on your S Scale Workbench?

ScottW

Scott,

I use the transclucent resin because I reckon it is nearly all resin rather than a resin/grey filler mix which, to me, seems to take the sharpness off a little bit.

I think we could do with some 9' 6" brake gear in the society stores......

Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 06/05/2024 at 11:07, ScottW said:

I've been very quiet for sometime now due to a loss of Mojo. Recently I aquired a wondeful 3D printed wagon body for a GNR 9 Ton, 4 Plank, open wagon. This came from @Rob R of this parish and I'm hoping this will help me on my road to recovery.

The body is produced from a translucent resin and the print very sharp. For me, with my limited experience in these matters, this has to be one of the best 3D prints I've seen and do question wether 3D printing is the way forward 🤔. There is no floor with the body but this is easily produced from a piece of 40thou Plasticard, suitably scibed to represent floor planks.

GNR_4Plank_05.jpg.7198d9d96b26e4d16b5631a88e63480f.jpg

Society Springy Beam W-Irons have been added, which is now my 'go to' method of suspension when building wagons.

GNR_4Plank_15.jpg.149bcaeea37457e9af1a99f2a475b821.jpg

Now on to the brake gear....

I agree with you Scott that Rob's wagons are among the best 3D prints and designs I have seen. Even being able to see through the catches is amazing and the crispness of the print is excellent. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 06/05/2024 at 11:07, ScottW said:

I've been very quiet for sometime now due to a loss of Mojo. Recently I aquired a wondeful 3D printed wagon body for a GNR 9 Ton, 4 Plank, open wagon. This came from @Rob R of this parish and I'm hoping this will help me on my road to recovery.

The body is produced from a translucent resin and the print very sharp. For me, with my limited experience in these matters, this has to be one of the best 3D prints I've seen and do question wether 3D printing is the way forward 🤔. There is no floor with the body but this is easily produced from a piece of 40thou Plasticard, suitably scibed to represent floor planks.

GNR_4Plank_05.jpg.7198d9d96b26e4d16b5631a88e63480f.jpg

Society Springy Beam W-Irons have been added, which is now my 'go to' method of suspension when building wagons.

GNR_4Plank_15.jpg.149bcaeea37457e9af1a99f2a475b821.jpg

Now on to the brake gear....

I hope you get your mojo back soon Scott and if this wagon does the trick then great! I agree that Rob's GNR wagons are among the very best 3D design and prints. The crispness and ability to see through the catches is brilliant.

• Like 2