P2 Frames?

PenrithBeacon

OK, so there are two P2 projects. Didn't know that.

Looking at the two websites I gather that 'Cock of the North' hasn't progressed much, if at all, while the A1 Trust's project is pretty well advanced.

Edited by PenrithBeacon
Second para added

Like the duplicate B17 project (Manchester United) the Cock of the North project is just a diversion from the 'real' P2 project from the group that gave us Tornado.  IMO these duplicate projects are doomed to fail. The time money and effort put into them would have been better applied to Spirit of Sandringham and Prince of Wales.

Ray.

• Agree 4

21 hours ago, Marshall5 said:

Like the duplicate B17 project (Manchester United) the Cock of the North project is just a diversion from the 'real' P2 project from the group that gave us Tornado.  IMO these duplicate projects are doomed to fail. The time money and effort put into them would have been better applied to Spirit of Sandringham and Prince of Wales.

Ray.

Not sure I agree with that as the Prince of Wales will have one style of front end whereas the Cock of the North will have the A4 style front, am sure Prince of Wales could carry both in time but for those who want the A4 style front at the moment this is your only chance to see it

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Not sure I agree with that as the Prince of Wales will have one style of front end whereas the Cock of the North will have the A4 style front, am sure Prince of Wales could carry both in time but for those who want the A4 style front at the moment this is your only chance to see it 

The "frames" (if you can call a few sheets of metal dumped on a flat wagon in a car park frames) have been around for 5 years. That seems to be the sum of their progress. I very much doubt I'll ever see 2001 completed, and I'm only 35!