sem34090

I've started this thread to ask a specific question, but am quite open to general discussion of what is possibly my favourite documentary, and ranks amongst my favourite BTF productions.

So, the question - Does anyone know where I might be able to find the music from British Transport Films' Terminus (1961)? A strange request, I know, but I quite like it!!! A nice variety in there, and most of it is to my taste! I would prefer it as a download of some sort, or via something like 'Spotify', but to be honest even the sheet music would be interesting. I could try and rearrange that to suit the instruments in a small wind/brass group I'm part of.

I realise this request is verging on the ridiculous. If it helps anyone who doesn't know the film, the music was composed by Ron Grainer.

I'll be honest that the songs themselves I'm less keen on, it's the instrumental music that I prefer. 'Jamaican Man' is my least favourite of the lot, though maybe that's because it breaks from the jazz that I'm so fond of.

24 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

https://archive.org/details/youtube-fx_lUCgC-Jo

The film is available for download here - can you just select the soundtracks that you want from it?

I often use RealPlayer to do this.

Stewart

The thing is... I want the music as opposed to the soundtrack. Because of the nature of the film it has all manner of noises mixed in with the music.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2019 at 22:41, JohnR said:

The Ron Grainer who did the music is the same guy who did the theme music for Dr. Who.

Wrote perhaps but "did" was Delia Derbyshire of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...