Mike

New Level 7mm Micro

My 0 gauge micro , just a picture from the box file section:

IMG-0803.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Wow!

Lovely job Mike, please can we see more?

Cheers, Dave.

• Agree 1

I'll second to requests for more pictures wonderful 

Background,

New Level Mill a 7mm Micro Layout

New Level, now there’s a name to conjure with. Well no, abracadabra is a name to conjure with, but at least as a name New Level has a certain ring to it. So, questions, what’s it all about, why such a name, what and where is it?

I like building layouts simply because my enjoyment comes from the journey, rather than the finished article. I know I should get out more, but then I’m an independent almost recluse like modeller.

Well if I must start somewhere it’s better to start at the beginning. New Level is yet another Earl of Dudley based layout and yes, another piece of bunkum. As this will be the 12th layout in a series of Black Country themed layouts, it has as usual my trademark of massaged history and geographical manipulation. The layout is a snap shot of part of Round Oak Steel Works Brierley Hill and is based on a 7mm version of the Scalescenes boxfile layout. The name New Level Mill is from the New Level crossing on Level street which if you know the area is not at all level.

IMG-0806.jpg

IMG-0807.jpg

IMG-0808.jpg

IMG-0821.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

Drains/manholes, those two blokes last seen outside the Jolly Collier (Wallows Pit) and a name. Note to self: fit those two buffer stops.

IMG-0827.jpg

IMG-0828.jpg

IMG-0829.jpg

• Like 12

New Level Mill ready for its first exhibition. Solihull November 9th

IMG-0830.jpg

IMG-0831.jpg

• Like 8

Video failed so here's a couple of stills from todays play. Loco is a kit built ex Southern B4 once owned by Stewart and Loyds so technically a Black Country engine.

IMG-0868.JPG

IMG-0869.JPG

• Like 9

Boxing clever or just in case. I have constructed perhaps better described as butchered some wood a folding base support for the layout. It's rather like a folding paste table which can be carried like a suitcase and then opened out to allow the lockable legs to fold down and the whole thing act as the supporting structure. Lightweight, compact and easy to transport.

IMG-0878.jpg

IMG-0884.jpg

IMG-0885.jpg

• Like 4