Elbow Lane. Having a rest while I build board 4.

dasatcopthorne

Not a lot to report from last couple of weeks but this afternoon I found that I needed to make a new tool. Well a gauge to be exact.

The last one I made about 30 years ago was found to be worn out when I fished it out of the 'track building box'.

So a new one has been soldered up and drilled to fit the Peco Bullhead.

Can you see what it is yet?

Dave.

20201231_155908.jpg

20201231_155031.jpg

20201231_155021.jpg

20201231_155959.jpg

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Not a lot to report from last couple of weeks but this afternoon I found that I needed to make a new tool. Well a gauge to be exact.

The last one I made about 30 years ago was found to be worn out when I fished it out of the 'track building box'.

So a new one has been soldered up and drilled to fit the Peco Bullhead.

Can you see what it is yet?

Dave.

20201231_155959.jpg.beddce3cb55a2856034cd5275eff8906.jpg

20201231_155908.jpg

20201231_155031.jpg

20201231_155021.jpg

Answers on a postcard?

I'm guessing, based on some of the fantastic models you've made in the past, that it's a jig for drilling holes for 3rd rail conductor pots.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

Answers on a postcard?

I'm guessing, based on some of the fantastic models you've made in the past, that it's a jig for drilling holes for 3rd rail conductor pots.

Oh blimey. That was too easy.

I shouldn't bother with the postcard! :D

Honestly didn't realise people know me for that.

Happy New Year.

Dave

• Like 1

The lights in the Transit are nothing out of the ordinary these days but maybe what I used could be helpful.

A couple of weeks back someone in another thread (sorry cannot remember your name) mentioned using this new resin glue that hardens with ultraviolet light.

I quickly ordered some and found it very useful.

I drilled through the headlights with a 1mm drill and then used a bigger part way to form the reflector.

With the new glue I put a 'blob' in the headlight and hardened it off. Wow! A great lens. Also fixed the pre-wired LEDs inside with the same glue and painted over black to stop light blead inside the van.

Dave.

20210104_141956.jpg

20210103_125423.jpg

20210103_112230.jpg

20210103_112207.jpg

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

One of the recent new arrivals for Elbow Lane is this little beauty. It will be used when the layout is in current prototype operation.

However the back story is a bit of a mess.

Last year I bought a Dapol 33 in Barbie livery as they were very cheap and with a view to a respray (in Yellow).

It didn't go at all well and the stripped body still languishes in a box. I used the recommended Dettol method and it was mostly successful but bits of paint remain and I don't feel that spraying over these would look very good at all.

So, I discovered spare bodies on the DCC Supplies website and here is one fitted. Quite easy to shift over the cab and headcode lighting as it's all clip fit more of less. The hardest park was getting the cab interior back in. Here it is straight out of the box, so to speak.

Dave

20210113_115655.jpg

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Like 4