Ct elektronik HR3 controller

125_driver

Hello, 

I have dug the above controller out after a gap of 10 years or so, but stupidly mislaid the instructions.

I have connected it all up to the transformer etc, and can get the screen to light up but nothing more. It might be that it is knackered , however without instructions I'm not really sure what I'm doing , so could anyone advise on how this controller should be started up? As I said the screen is lit, but no text whatsoever. Any help much appreciated!! 

Everything else seems fine , ie there is definitely power to the track so I'm beginning to think more and more the controller has had it as whatever I press I still have a lit up but blank screen. 

Would I be right in thinking it is impossible to buy a replacement identical controller now? 

Most LCD screens are fed by a ribbon cable with a simple click to lock clamp.

The screen itself is connected to the unit pcb by way of zebra connector(s), a strip of alternating conducting/non conducting rubber strips. These can be peeled off the screen and cleaned with IPA, left to dry and the screen refitted, no special alignment required. Poor connection is often the cause of a corrupt screen display. 

Screen lighting if any is usually by way of an led shining into the edge of the screen or rarely by way of an electro-luminescent film.

If the LCD screen itself is truly faded then finding a replacement may be difficult to impossible.

Edited by RAF96
More info
  • Thanks 1

I have now managed to totally screw it up, screen is faint but just about visible but I have created error messages with my meddling an ld also a message saying no connection . Does anyone know how to restore the controller to factory setting or similar to get me out of trouble?? Thanks 

Google Translated from the German manual

CAUTION: if you accidentally turn off the contrast completely and confirm with [OK],

there is nothing left to see on the display! Here only helps a reset of the HR3!

RESET HR3: Disconnect the connection cable to the ZF5, press the [A + B + C + D] keys simultaneously hold, at the same time plug in the cable again. Now disconnect the cable - and plug in the hand controller

HR3 is now in factory condition.

If the desired controller address was not 1, this must be be reprogrammed!

HTH

Edited by smokebox
Better formatting
  • Thanks 1

Have tried a reset but with no luck  :-(  . Message just saying no connection now . Screen is readable as soon as I unplug it but fades out when plugged in. Am I likely to be able to pick up a second hand controller anywhere? Nothing on eBay, really frustrating as it's an expensive system and impossible to purchase new anyway. I have found other systems never gave enough voltage and trains wouldn't run sufficiently fast on my high speed layout.....

Does anyone with any experience of ct elektronik controller have any clue what could be causing the  "no connection" message on the screen. All wires are connected up and checked numerous times. I have tried the factory resets suggested for both system and controller and neither actually work. 

Really trying to work out exactly what no connection means (when system IS connected up and with a new cable too as the old one was a little ropey). Any ideas??? Thanks