12v DC supply

AndrewP

On 18/09/2019 at 11:38, Crosland said:

The problem is some, from certain posters, are priceless for all the wrong reasons. Do I keep stum and say nothing, or correct them to avoid others being completely confused?

I was once, some years ago, accused by a mod of only ever posting to tell people they were wrong :huh: I am happy to let the wrong posts go unchallenged, f that's what people want.

Personally, I think it is better to correct misinformation, as others may refer to the thread at a later time and will hopefully read all posts before coming to their own conclusion as to the 'correct' information.  I think the problem is the way in which some people (and this isn't aimed at you) can be pedantic or patronising when challenging misinformation.  However, a bigger problem is that some people just don't seem to be able to accept that they are wrong and that others actually do know more about the topic of discussion that they do.  It reminds me of a quote that I read many years ago "those people who think that they know everything, annoy those of us who do"!  Unfortunately, when it comes to electrical and electronics, I'll admit that I'm one of those with no more than a basic understanding of the basics: enough to judge who's advice I would trust and who's I would tend to ignore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ravenser said:

So if you connect a turntable to a 1970s motorbike and start up the motorbike, the turntable will rotate??? Or am I misreading the thread?

Given my memories of Lucas , the prince of darkness , I suspect there are any number of outcomes , upto  failure of the national grid , and possibly on an outside chance , a turntable moving :D 

( used to repair BSA,s as a teenager ) 

Edited by Junctionmad
  • Funny 1