DR5000 & Lok Pilot 2 decoder.

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I have noticed a strange behaviour with a loco fitted with a Lok Pilot V2 decoder.

When using a DR5000 the loco will operate as normal e.g. forward and reverse at different speeds as set with the throttle.

But after a while it will stop responding to commands and the loco gets stuck on about ¼ speed forward, permanently. Trying to stop it or change it's speed with the throttle doesn't work.

Only removing the power from the track completely will stop it, when power is restored off it trundles again.

Change the DR5000 for a Z21, to start with it seems the same - as soon as it is placed on the track it trundles off at ¼ speed without being commanded however operating the throttle immediately restores control and it never locks into ¼ speed again whilst under command of the Z21.

Any ideas?

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

i saw this behaviour with a Zimo MX623 and the DR5000 a few times, that was another reason for me getting rid of it and relying only on the Z21 which has been faultless for me.

I wondered whether it was the decoder as it's the only one of that type I have but it looks like yet another problem with the DR5000, which was being used for a distance test:(