2mm/N Scale London Underground Transfers

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Does anyone make N scale preferably waterslide transfers for logos, lettering and numbering of Tube Stock please?  Even bus transfers may do suitably adapted.

I know Modelmasters used to make 4mm ones but never 2mm that I am aware of (and they are one supplier I would rather not bother with for various reasons).

• 2 weeks later...

John - I potentially have the same issue as I am modelling the tube in N. Radley's will do you proud for the older LT fleetnames. However Fox also do some and you may find smaller fleetnames off the buses. My main issue is that I am modelling more recent, at the moment I am using Electra vinyls on N-Train kits so no need to use transfers, but at some point I will need to commission something bespoke I am sure. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

In quite a few places I have seen Electra mentioned as doing London Underground graphics, primarily for the N-Train kits but despite several searches, I cannot find anything on their website and I have a 1959TS that will needs some numbers and names fairly soon.

• 2 weeks later...

John - you'd be best to email Electra as there may be  more available than listed. He seems to be either feast or famine replying to emails - either he replies quickly or doesn't reply. I have had a bad experience in the past but am giving him another try at the moment with something. The other way would be to see if Bob at N-Train can get them for you, or maybe even has some packs knocking around. In my experience Bob is extremely helpful and prompt. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

Thanks, I will give those a try.  A pity the Modelmaster website is so awful though!! 

Hi John,

There are LU decals in the ex Modelmaster/NGS range of decals.

At present the whole stock is back in the hands of the NGS and is being sorted and catalogued prior to making the range available again.

This would have happened already but my heart attack in June and subsequent recovery has delayed things somewhat.

A soon as possible the listing will be put back onto the NGS Shop site, but I am unable to be specific about when this will be.

A case of watch the website and news for an announcement.

Thanks

Phil H

• Thanks 1