Please add numbers to replies

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I can well believe that.

I like spending time in the layout room & going to exhibitions. It is a nice escape from work.

Would I feel the same if I had to spend 40 hours each week (+ lots more, especially when there is a show on), making things I didn't really want & having to meet deadlines?

Probably not.

More than one trainspotter has discovered that working on the railway doesn't feel the same.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Sometimes, that doesn't seem nearly as good as it sounds. Says that man who finished the latest project about half an hour ago...

18 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Yeah, but you get to play trains for a living ;)

Doing that makes it difficult to spend any quality time on forums.

Is forum posting really a valid part of the hobby??? :wacko:

Andy

• RMweb Gold

I never refer back to anything whatsoever unless the poster has the sense to post a LINK. Clicking I can do.

Hold down the Ctrl key, and one click. The referenced item opens (eventually -- this is RMweb after all) in a new browser tab. You can go on reading in the existing tab until it appears. After looking at it, you can close that tab. No scrolling, no hunting up and down, no jumping back to previous pages, no losing your place. It seems a no-brainer to me -- always post a LINK if you want someone to refer to somewhere else.

cheers,

Martin.

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Sol said:

OK, it did show the URL info  but then changed to the actual post with all details ?

Hi Ron,

When that happens, there is a clickable option below it, to convert it back to a link only:

rmweb_embed_link.png.89e7d0a81cb07cbe2a48a290aadc0d90.png

cheers,

Martin.