O Gauge Class 50s For Sale

Captain Cuttle

5 minutes ago, Captain Cuttle said:

Just looking at Ebay and on the Hattons entries for the Heljan Class 50 i was surprised to see the BR blue down to four models left but Dutch/GWR green/triple grey  and even Thunderer in Laira blue mostly around ten of each still available.

Alan

I wouldn't be.

BR blue, Large logo and NSE will always be popular liveries followed by maybe the GWR greens

Two of those (Triple Grey and Laira blue) were one offs, how many locos got Dutch, was it just 50019?

• RMweb Gold

50049, I think.

I was surprised just how many and how quickly these have sold. Testament to enthusiasts liking of the 50. There was a huge pile of them at Hereford Model Centre a couple of weeks ago waiting for customers that had pre-ordered.

While I’m not surprised the large logo variant is by far the most popular, I was still taken aback how quickly it’s totally sold out everywhere. All the one off specials with the different retailers will never sell out, they are very novel choices that won’t appeal to large groups. The GWR green, the Dutch - on a 50, really? What a waste of time I say. The retailers should have just commissioned extra numbers of the large logo and made some money.

I think there are lots of people who model the era of largo logo so not surprised by that or the popularity of the GB Railfreight pair but surprised about the others as i mentioned earlier. Its not difficult to put the large logo numbers and transfers on a Rail blue loco and i expect most will be converted.

I am converting mine to orinally built version with rheostatic brake roof recess etc.