Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Live streaming exhibitions

• Administrators

It looks like a fixed webcam. Not sure why you'd want to watch it for any length of time.

If someone was walking around the show commentating and showing layouts, that might be interesting but get half-a-dozen of those in an event shoving their way into crowds and I suspect the reaction from the paying punters might not be so complimentary!

• Agree 2

u

22 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

It looks like a fixed webcam. Not sure why you'd want to watch it for any length of time.

If someone was walking around the show commentating and showing layouts, that might be interesting but get half-a-dozen of those in an event shoving their way into crowds and I suspect the reaction from the paying punters might not be so complimentary!

Whilst it is fixed in best Virtual Webcam fashion, someone is panning and zooming and you can rewind it, so you can dip in and out, its ok for a background thing.

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

They have rucksacks at US exhibitions too, but his looks punter friendly

Possibly.

A few years ago at a trade show, one of the exhibitors had some "day sacks" made out of thin nylon, polypropylene, or something similar - which could be folded up in a coat pocket when not needed and only really expanded when you put something in them.

I'm afraid I never got a close look at the things, as the exhibitor whose stand they were on was keeping a very tight rein on them.

However, I've also come across even smaller backpacks, designed to hold a modern laptop computer and little else - with everything possibly hidden under a large coat.

Just like the day sacks (but more so) these backpacks suffer from the problem of being too small to hold much in the way of "must have" stuff from shows - and that's before anyone even thinks of trying to carry some lengths of "Streamline" (other makes are also available).

Unfortunately, a lot of the companies that make and sell backpacks seem to offer them in two basic size ranges - too small - or enormous - with very little in between (and even less that some of us might regard as affordable).

Huw.