Favourite Webcams

Mike at C&M

I have 2 webcams that I am regularly viewing, each fascinating in their own right.

For those with a railway interest, I offer this gem:

http://webcam04.deg.net/cgi-bin/guestimage.html

The station is Plattling, down in the south-east corner of Germany on the mainline between Nuernberg and Passau (and then into Austria). If you wish to see how a large station and goods yard operate, watch this for a while!

The most trains seen running at the same time is 5!

And for those of you who like something more topical:

http://eldgos.mila.is/eyjafjallajokull-fra-hvolsvelli/

Assuming it is not cloudy, this is fascinating to watch. Britain is several hundred miles off to the right of this view.

Any further submissions welcome.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 webcams that I am regularly viewing, each fascinating in their own right.

For those with a railway interest, I offer this gem:

http://webcam04.deg....guestimage.html

The station is Plattling, down in the south-east corner of Germany on the mainline between Nuernberg and Passau (and then into Austria). If you wish to see how a large station and goods yard operate, watch this for a while!

The most trains seen running at the same time is 5!

Mike

Oh my word. I've jsut lost an hour of my life! How cool is this. The most enormous motorrail/car transporter just went through...

• RMweb Gold

There's loads around the world but I like New York, so Times Square is one of my favourites:

Times Square webcam

Again in the US here's one at Rochelle Illinois where the UP and BNSF tracks cross on the level. Quite busy, you get to see some US superpower on this one (you do have to register for this, it's free):

Rochelle webcam

I could pass the buck on to someone else about the Plattling webcam, it wasn't a find by me, but someone recommended it to me with wording along the lines of "hope you don't intend to do any work today!"

The Times Square webcam is good, but where's Wally?unknw_mini.gif

Yes that Plattling webcam is really interesting; probably too interesting.... :rolleyes:

Just been on for 10 minutes; at 20.00 (European time) six of the seven platforms were occupied, including a couple of ICE trains. Eight minutes later all the trains had departed; a true junction interchange.

Helps to have the Thos Cook European Timetable to hand....

Yes that Plattling webcam is really interesting; probably too interesting.... :rolleyes:

Just been on for 10 minutes; at 20.00 (European time) six of the seven platforms were occupied, including a couple of ICE trains. Eight minutes later all the trains had departed; a true junction interchange.

Helps to have the Thos Cook European Timetable to hand....

Try the DB online train reporting system:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/bhftafel.exe/dn?ld=9684&country=DEU&rt=1&

should get you there.

Now if we could only peek at the freight train equivalent...!

Andy

Guest Phil

Thanks for posting the Plattling link. Just had a brief reminder of how proper railways are operated.

The most amazing thing of all is that this is under the OLE !!! So much neater and tidier than the way we used to do things with our "knitting".

I love the german freight yard, just how the british ones were, and should still be!

been watching mixed freights being marshalled and also long mix freights passing through

just a shame the quality isnt as good as the japanese one

Mike

Just been watching for about 15mins. The 16.21 Frankfurt - Wien ICE is running about 10mins late this eveningunsure.gif

Fascinating stuff, and I've never been interested in German Railways before......

And all those freight trains.

Sure is a busy line.

• 1 month later...

Archived