Sophia's WKR workshop

2 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Enough locos? I am not familiar with this term! :P

I've got at least 15 shunters for that little inglenook I'm building at the moment!!

And one wagon......:D

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

I still have most of a tube of filler that I bought last year so no problems there. I would think that 5 locos would be enough for my eventual layout 

Q1 x2 

R1 

Quarry works shunter 

Though the second Q1 can wait a while until I get another working chassis

A bit half Noah there then... Its always better to have multiples of the same class if you can, its more realistic.... 

Andy G

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, uax6 said:

A bit half Noah there then... Its always better to have multiples of the same class if you can, its more realistic.... 

Andy G

Can I quote this post as justification for my 13 (and counting) Terriers? :jester:

Gary

• RMweb Premium
Just now, BlueLightning said:

Can I quote this post as justification for my 13 (and counting) Terriers? :jester:

Gary

As long as each one is different (and thats not just in the livery, there has to be detail differences too) then you can....

How many K's ones have you got? (i've got 3 and I don't do the southern....)

Andy G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, uax6 said:

As long as each one is different (and thats not just in the livery, there has to be detail differences too) then you can....

How many K's ones have you got? (i've got 3 and I don't do the southern....)

Andy G

All of them have detail differences, and livery too where possible since they are all pre-grouping (Though not all LB&SCR) I had some help with research on pre-grouping changes to them, and have pretty much all the details for every change before 1923, I am quite confident I can do all 50 with some level of difference, I only have the one K's one, but would get more if they come up for a good price.

• RMweb Gold

Not yet, it's on the todo list, as the Hornby made ones sit 2mm too high, which I find odd as the Dapol made ones were the right height and I can't find any difference, so I'm hoping I can use the Branchlines chassis to correct that, and make one quieter running with a decent motor / gearbox from High Level

That's far too much Brighton for my liking! :jester: 

Anyway, both clerestories are now sporting several coats of Ashford's finest olive green (who's she? :biggrin_mini2:) and their roofs have had their meeting with Mr Razor Saw. A quick spray of primer and a smearing of filler has us eagerly awaiting the sanding process. 

Having consulted my copy of Russell, the former J72 body has had its dome repositioned. The body will require plenty of bracing and filler, but it looks to be in proportion with the drawing within.

Speaking of the Russell book, I found an error which was missed during editing, ironically in the Q1 section! A picture of what is claimed to be a Q1 pictured with a pagoda roof. Unfortunately it was an H instead but we'll let it slide as the book is a fantastic resource.

I'll post some pictures in the morning for your perusal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

I don't understand this comment :P

Looking forward to the pictures, although I much prefer Ashford's purple lake to olive green :tease:

It has to be olive green as I'm modelling a sensible time period, not like you strange pre grouping types :tease: