Associated Position Light dimensions

• RMweb Gold

Would an Associated Position Light mounted beneath colour light signal at a platform end be of a similar or same dimension as a Ground Position Light?

I am looking to 3-D print some dummy APLs, but the only engineering drawing I can find is for a GPL.  This gives a height and width of 410 x 430 mm, so about 5.4 mm in OO.

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

It's basically a standard head without the bottom left hand light so should be the same size all round.

Mike, thanks for that.  Just what I was hoping for.

Steve

While I have no idea whether it is the current position, one did find APL signals mounted under or alongside main running c/l signals which had all three lights, the bottom left one displaying C (for calling-on) when lit with the other two. I am unsure whether examples with S or W existed, I certainly don't remember seeing any.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, bécasse said:

While I have no idea whether it is the current position, one did find APL signals mounted under or alongside main running c/l signals which had all three lights, the bottom left one displaying C (for calling-on) when lit with the other two. I am unsure whether examples with S or W existed, I certainly don't remember seeing any.

Indeed so but that ceased at sometime in the mid 1960s in new work and many (?all) existing signals were modified to remove the illuminated letter.  In any event the signal heads used were still to the standard dimensions.

Edited by The Stationmaster