9F castings

Bernie333

I'm building a Seven Models Crosti 9F, designed by the late Dave Ennis ( a good chap). It's an excellent kit and a fun challenge to build, apart from one area. The slide bar hangers and the motion brackets are lots of brass pieces that need soldering. they are small and fiddly, and I'm just not up to making them accurately enough.

I've got castings for the slide bar hangers from Ragstone, but I can't find a source for the 9F motion brackets.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Bernie

hi,

i'm a little further on than yourself, with a standard 9f, i agree those brackets are complex, but i thought they were well designed, took a couple of evenings to get them done, but very pleased with them, i think the instructions could have been a little clearer.

Good luck, especially when it comes to the firebox, watch out for the wrapper sides, they are over length, and think about your motor, while its a big firebox, a lot of internal structure restricts what will fit.

Edited by M51625

I talked to Mr MOK. They have pretty much the same thing as Seven Models, though the main bearing is cast. I'm going to use the Ragstone cast bearing and parts from the Seven Models fabrication to end up with something that does the job.

I've built most of the body. I started and mostly completed the chassis, leaving the valve gear for last, then went on to the body.  The problem I had with the firebox was that I couldn't fit the running board around it. I had to cut it, put it all together then rejoin it.  I put in the motor that was recommended at the time by Seven Models.

I'm told by Dave Ennis's son that all the Seven Models kits are available.

B

Edited by Bernie333

22 hours ago, Bernie333 said:

I talked to Mr MOK. They have pretty much the same thing as Seven Models, though the main bearing is cast. I'm going to use the Ragstone cast bearing and parts from the Seven Models fabrication to end up with something that does the job.

I've built most of the body. I started and mostly completed the chassis, leaving the valve gear for last, then went on to the body.  The problem I had with the firebox was that I couldn't fit the running board around it. I had to cut it, put it all together then rejoin it.  I put in the motor that was recommended at the time by Seven Models.

I'm told by Dave Ennis's son that all the Seven Models kits are available.

B

Do you have contact details for Seven Models? Website?

Cheers

Mike

'....I'm told by Dave Ennis's son that all the Seven Models kits are available....'

Just to clear up any confusion, David was my late Brother and Pat is my Dad and we still run Scorpio Models between us with all the range still available.

I think part of the issue with the motion brackets is that these are quite different to that on the standard 9F.

Thanks

Jeff

Scorpio Models

• Informative/Useful 2

• 2 years later...