Cadbury steam

• RMweb Premium

Having seen a picture of Cadbury No1 flicking through Industrial Steam Album I went on a bit of a googling mission. There are clearly a lot of people who like this engine and the wider system. There are lots of photos of number 1 plus it's sisters. There are quite a few people who seem to have started modelling one aspect or another of the Cadbury railway...

But has anyone ever finished a model of one of the Cadbury engines? The closest I could find was a 7" live steamer but that was just generic small steam loco with outside motion painted maroon to my eyes. (7" not really my thing so I'm claiming no accuracy for calibration of my eyes!).

Anyone?

Whilst not a precise scale model, Enwin of Shapeways has produced a 3D print which fits over the standard Hornby 0-4-0 smokey joe chassis & running plate:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5BP5NQ2EP/avonside-0-4-0-t?optionId=146590925&li=marketplace

I've been looking at this model quite a bit, since I'm interested in building a GWR 1101 yet with my shoestring student budget. It's taken me just over a month of experimenting with motors and gears to come to the obvious conclusion that a Hornby 0-4-0 really isn't a good starting point for a shunting engine!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks Michael. I missed your reply and just seen it painted, it looks stunning! Also reassuring to know there isn't some kind of a curse on completing models of the Cadbury fleet.