Lynton & Lynmouth 4mm scale, 8mm gauge

CF MRC

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant Tim unbelievable attention to detail and skill to achieve the results.

Looking forward to seeing more. I guess it requires another camper van trip!

Cheers for sharing.

Ade

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

In fact, the loco is currently being charged-up to see how it performs (I will probably be in touch with Giles Favell to compare notes on ‘tuning’.) It really is a pretty engine and deserves to get the Joy valve gear made and finished: trouble is there is a 2mm loco also in the works at the moment…

On the layout front, I am about to acquire four superb baseboards made by the late Mike Randall for an erstwhile 2mm scale layout. These will fit Lynton perfectly, but the 2mm stuff on top will need removing and then tidying up the box beam frames. The new layout will be a fitting tribute to Mike, who was responsible for the CF structural build.

The plan is well sorted and the turnouts were made by Keith Armes (one of his last projects). I have just ordered a stock of sleepers from Marcway for the remaining plain track (i.e. most of it).

One of the biggest psychological stumbling blocks was the station and goods shed tiled rooves. I am using the Outback Models kits as a basis, and the printed tiles just don’t work - I can get a good stone effect, but the tiles need more work. I think I now have a solution from Scale Model Scenery. 

It’s good to have lots of projects…

Tim

• Like 2