Some photos of my DB, ÖBB, and SBB Railroad

MichaelE

Running these trains together is probably not entirely prototypical, especially since the Swiss operate on the left of dual main lines, but I can't resist some of this equipment and so the railroad that started out as Deutsche Bahn in the beginning has evolved into a multi-line railroad. And Swiss RhB equipment is on the way too.

The layout is far from finished with much scenery and catenary work left to do.

V1ZdDeC.jpg

kz045J9.jpg

qKtQPVq.jpg

Mfzrmmg.jpg

ZMBdG6d.jpg

g8s2QMo.jpg

48L12ry.jpg

0px8DEO.jpg

GItszhV.jpg

SlGq3AE.jpg

tQ9RzlS.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

With DB locos now running through into France, Austria and Switzerland then on to Italy and the Czech Republic amongst others, and with OBB, SBB and BLS locos mixing it along the Rhine valley North of Koblenz with locos from Belgium and Luxembourg, in these days of multi-voltage types anything seems possible.  

And of course if all else fails there's always Rule 1.

Les

• Like 1

Before the second DB consist and the Swiss Re/420 locomotive showed up, I was pulling the Swiss consist with the DB ZDF Express Br.120 locomotive.

I found out after a week or so that this was entirely proper and was shown photos of a Swiss consist being pulled in Germany by the exact same locomotive in that paint. I was amazed that I got it right by accident.

spacer.png

• Like 2

I used a light grey wash on the wall yesterday and today I will go over it with a darker grey wash. This should finish up nicely. I'm going to use a printed stacked rock wall card stock on the small exposed piece of wood at the far right of the wall where the tracks exit the tunnel.

I put some greenery around the auto tunnel entrance because I damaged the paper of the printed card stock by putting protective tape on it to cover it while applying the plaster cloth. Big mistake.

Now I have to turn my attention to the large mountain on the other side of the layout.

XiQiaV3.jpg

F5fWSDN.jpg

7tGMZin.jpg

xzd1Grl.jpg

kSaHER1.jpg

• Like 5