The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Little Richard dead, aged 87.

Free At Last

One of the great rock and rollers who opened the door to R & B for me.  Great shame, but at 87 a rock 'n roll lifestyle clearly did him no harm.......

RIP.

Edited by gordon s
  • Agree 1

I never saw him live, but I remember him being a regular on Radio Luxembourg during the early 1960s. I could not quite understand why there was music such as his in circulation, but the BBC only seemed to play Pearl Carr & Teddy Johnson or Matt Monroe. 

RIP - you inspired my search for alternatives to the mainstream. 

Saw him just the once in 1962/3 and the main recollection is of how pink his suit was, how crap the sound was, how much he sweated and how many pink towels he got through ...

• RMweb Gold

In my book he was the greatest of all the greats. The man that began it all for me. I saw him several times on his comeback tour. Just explosive stuff.

Whenever I watch his YouTubes he always brings a smile to my face.

Rest in peace.

One of the best rock and roll songs and my favourite.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrEwhFy57ZeFCsAyb1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEya2M4YWpzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQzAwMDJfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=keep+a+knockin+little+richard&fr=mcafee#id=4&vid=1f4e617400c973295eefb00deb0e2e49&action=view

Edited by Re6/6
  • Agree 1