ECC 'Flag' Transfers for Clay Hood Wagons (UCV/00V)

Are the ECC 'Flag' logos as used on China Clay Hood wagons (UCV/OOV) available as transfers in 4mm?

I'm reworking some of the Bachmann models and I'm after the small white round bordered versions used on the actual hoods.

Many thanks for any help as always.

They may well be Jason :)

I'm wondering if I could use the 'flag' element from the Fox 2mm scale F2157 - ECC International stainless steel-bodied Tanker Logos and cut off the 'globe' stand? I've no idea how big the flags would be though...

Thanks for the help. I may speak to Railtec and see if they could do some custom ones

• 1 year later...

By pure coincidence I have just built a Ratio clay hood kit I've had for.........a very long time, and noted that the waterslide transfer sheet supplied with this includes two pairs of the circular 'pit & pile' logo (I just made that up!) - one pair is 'solid' outline and the other pair 'stencilled'. My kit predates the Bachmann RTR model but my guess is this sheet is still supplied with the kit, which I understand is now part of the Parkside range - can anyone who has built one/some recently confirm?If so, perhaps drop Peco a line to see if they could supply these transfer sheets separately......

• Like 1

Hi Simon - no luck so far and I've not yet spoken to Railtec. My 18 hoods are parked in a box. :( 

However...

As Halvarras mentioned I recently purchased, 2nd hand, a pair of the Ratio models and the logos on the supplied transfer sheet look good. I may contact Peco and see if they can supply the sheets separately.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I hope they can help. 

Now that I've retired and have a bit of spare time.........I'm getting all kinds of round tuits - including thoughts of how to mount some kind of framed display containing the following:

Photo of B743648 leaving Middleway Crossing, St Blazey on 14/9/87 (behind ex-works 37670):

WP_20210830_14_43_43_Pro.jpg.947b3fb022a3827d1c7bc62a623ad994.jpg2140582793_WP_20210830_15_29_47_Pro(2).jpg.3e506d8c970575437d8f06d11c7aa09b.jpgWP_20210830_15_34_19_Pro.jpg.7e1386b426fac5e00292900aa0106d52.jpg.....and the Ratio model numbered B743648 (with the roller bearings replaced by oil axleboxes off an Airfix mineral wagon) - painted but not finished yet. In 1988 when the clayhoods were being scrapped adverts appeared in the railway press offering the works plates for a tenner. I had to have one but, having this photo of B743648, I asked if by any chance.........and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived, along with its final movement card. The question now is, to clean/paint or not to clean/paint........that's a 34-year old mix of dirt, rust and china clay on there!

• Like 1