Hornby Flying Scotsman parts

Hi all, 

I’ve recently acquired a Hornby NRM edition Flying Scotsman, which has unfortunately been damaged, I suspect that it has been knocked off a table or dropped. The front buffer beam has broken and both buffers I suspect need replacing. It’s also missing one of the smoke deflectors, the cab has come adrift and the pipe that runs below the handrail on the left side of the boiler has snapped part way along. I’m told that the cab is an easy fix, but I’m not sure about the rest. Has anybody else had experience with repairing something like this and where can I get a replacement buffer beam, front buffers and smoke deflectors?

Chris

94386661-E9DE-4379-9281-6FA61043B0B7.jpeg.c14384a71bfc79cbda296c38c76595b6.jpeg0CA9529F-5290-47C4-97D6-6E43CA01256C.jpeg.27e9e190cb2ec886799da4f2f72247b7.jpeg

Cab will glue back down , check for any lumps of old glue first.

No one does a Buffer beam . You can get Buffers from Alan Gibson (sprung) or Lankashire models (cast). I would just glue it back on and touch the paint up. The Buffer will glue back in if you are very careful, only add glue to the rear of the buffer spindle once in the buffer body and then push something against the Buffer head to hold it the right position until dry..

Smoke defectors , Brassmasters do a very good detail etch for the A3.

Vacumn return pipe not available again, use Brass rod of the right size and split pins. Or buy a scrap body . If you have the parts then glueback on, but it will be very fragile.

Edited by micklner
more info.
  • Agree 1