The EWS livery, Success of failure

18B

• RMweb Gold

I liked the designs on the plaques except for Stratford’s which I thought, as did a lot of others that it was ridiculously comical representation of the “Chirpy Cockney Sparrow” decal which Stratford applied to it’s loco’s.

22 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I liked the designs on the plaques except for Stratford’s which I thought, as did a lot of others that it was ridiculously comical representation of the “Chirpy Cockney Sparrow” decal which Stratford applied to it’s loco’s.

I liked the sticker version, but it didn’t carry onto a plaque that well. I think there was two attempts - the first looked childlike but the second got it back 

• Like 1

I've always thought the RES livery was just about the worst ever. Disjointed, colours that don't work together, no sympathy to the shape of the vehicles. I didn't realise someone had actually designed it, I thought it was just some sort of afterthought based on what paint they had hanging around. I rather likes the EWS livery and it did suit the sheds very well indeed.

Edited by Chris M
Spellimg
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 18/07/2020 at 18:28, Covkid said:

These worked if you knew Trainload freight was sectored, however I personally thought the duck egg splashes of the RES logo was a waste of time and the red diamond RfD loco didn't seem to make a lot of sense.

The RES livery looked more like a loco had had a patch repair job and hadn't been repainted. I often saw one on the way to the bus stop from school, and thought that was what it was for a while, just seeing the same loco every time. Took me a while to realise that was what it was supposed to look like.